EPILOGUE 1: Death Of A Sinner

The busy streets of New York had never been so full at this time of the year.
With the Christmas season at its peak, everyone was in that Christmas rush.

" Yeah yeah, I will Love. I'm just waiting in the line, yes I ordered I'm just gonna pick it up afterward. Okay, be there in uhmm.. 20 .. Uhummm .. Yeah... Love you.."

Waiting in a line of buyers of his favorite bakery, was Kim. To buy croissants for dinner with a bouquet of sunflowers in his arms. He wore a beanie and a red scarf on his neck, paired with a brown long coat and black turtle neck inside tucked in his jeans.
It was getting colder in NY.

He smiled to himself as he glanced at the three big sunflowers in his arms in black wrapping.

It's been a year since living in the states and he always feels there is nothing he could ask for. After grabbing a box of croissants he went downtown to pick up the gyoza takeouts that Vegas had wanted. Hurrying back to their condo in time for dinner.

As soon as he went inside pressing the codes to their unit. Dean Martin's voice was blasting through the speakers.

"Hey, baby?" - Kim

Nobody answered as the music was able to drown out his call. He went to the kitchen and saw Vegas preparing for dinner sliving the turkey with two big knives at hand.

"I bought you something!!" - Kim

Excitedly showing the sunflower bouquet to Vegas' face.  While the latter smirked as he received it.

"Aw, you didn't have to you know.. " - Vegas

"Happy Anniversary, Love" - Kim

And he pecked a kiss on Vegas' cheek, pulled him by the hand, and wrap it around his neck. Making them dance little steps to the music in the background. Then Vegas laughed as they broke each other's embrace.

"What's for dinner?"- Kim

"Something special.." - Vegas

"Oh... Okay I'll just change clothes and help you." - Kim

"mmmmmm" - Vegas

Vegas placed the sunflowers on a vase and arranged them neatly on the side of the kitchen counter. Then he got back to slicing the turkey he baked. Smiling from ear to ear. Humming to Dean Martin's song in the background.
The knives sliced dangerously over the counter, as he parted the pieces and arranged them on a plate.
Swaying in the rhythm I was in such a good mood. It's not all the time Kim is sweet like this so I should make the day count.

Kim came out with a plastic mat and was dragging it on the floor.

"Love how many times do I have to tell you to not forget the plastic mats, It will stain the carpet. I can't get it dry cleaned you know its bustling out there." - Kim

"Sorry, I was so busy at the kitchen" - Vegas

Kim was setting up the plastic mat at the side of the dining table. It was actually dinner for three people. When Kim had placed all the plastic covers in place and the chair that was out of place in our cozy dining area, he went down to the basement.

VEGAS POV

As I busied myself moving out dishes to the table for dinner, I heard his steps coming up slowly grunting and huffing.

"You okay Honey??"- Vegas

I called out to him from the kitchen with mittens in my hands.

"I'm fine, fuck stop moving!! shit!"- Kim

He was cussing out again, he sounded so sexy my ears perk up in delight. He reach the common area adjacent to our dining room which had the kitchen on the side.