EPILOGUE 5. TILL DEATH DO WE PART

"I promise no lies to a vow I kept with all of my heart, the world may die but not love for you. For eternity I will always be yours and yours alone as you are mine. Call it crazy I'd kill anyone who comes our way disrupting our deranged world."

"That is some bat shit crazy vow, what are you reading again?"- Kinn

"Some book of a new author .." - Tankhun

"Where'd you get that? You don't even read books" - Kinn

"Oh sent by a friend, it wouldn't kill me to read eh?"- Tankhun

Kinn chuckled as Tankhun got up from his seat with Kinn facing the veranda. It was after they had a meeting with the whole group for plans of the Theerapanyakuls.

The book that was left on the coffee table turned pages as the wind blew on it. Kinn who was looking from afar had gone into deep thinking about his lone brother, a sigh escaped his mouth.

" Love can drive men crazy ... What crazy it can be, I'll never know" - Kinn

He whispered as if that lone brother of his could hear him say.

"He is happy where he is now, together with that crazy punk" - Tankhun

He was startled by Tankhun's words, thinking the latter had left but was leaning on the pillars by the balusters at his back.

"I bet he is ..." - Kinn

A smile that reach his eyes is what was left gone by the wind. Kinn had not only wished for his brother's happiness but a life far from the family they had known. Some regrets but that is for him to keep.

.....

Crunch ... Crunch ...

Leaves were stepped on at every step, the place was quiet and eerie. Pillars of old had stood up on each side.
A mausoleum that was adorned with white marble was filled with dried leaves scattered by the wind on a cold autumn day.

A finger tracing the embossed name on the tombstone.

Died 5 years ago, the names herein
Kimhan Theerapanyakul and Vegas Theerapanyakul.

"Till death do us part"

Engraved in their tomb...

A man chuckled at the thought, seeing how they are still together from the grave.

"Sir?" - Chan

"I know, I should've just left them. Shouldn't have bothered." - Korn

Korn who had one eye patch sitting in a wheelchair, had placed red roses in front of their graves.

"What little forgiveness can do, now that it doesn't amount to anything. I've lost everything that day my sons, all my hard work just because I've been cripled like this, tsk!"- Korn

With scorn on his face, Korn had visited the grave of his son after a year of waking up from his comatose state.
Waking up with nothing left to his name but his loyal dog Chan, a house of retirement, and cut-off ties.
To him, he was betrayed both by his dead and living sons.  All of it amounted to an old man helpless and had no one but his dog.

"Sir, we must go before Kinn comes, he will visit for sure, it's their death anniversary" - Chan

"Tsk yeah!"- Korn

He was beaten black and blue by Vegas that very day rage rained down on him. He should've listened to Tankhun or had him stop him at his plans to kill Vegas and take away Kim now that he has exposed himself.
Left with only one leg, a scar that reached his temples through his eye making him go blind, and extending to his cheek it was a big scar, one that could never forget as the demon that Vegas is, he dared not remember everything that has happened that day.