Chapter 13

Tony's POV

Today were the kids first day at the internship, some may be late because of the blizzard but all  I cared about was finding the person that made Y/N do their test. The team were also on the look out.

The first 3 kids who walked in were juniors so they weren't them, then a sophomore, a freshman kid walked in. His name was Peter Parker, I'm pretty sure that's Y/N's friend and he looks like a cinnamon roll and looked really smart so definitely wasn't him. He also has all straight A's.

After 4 more kids another freshman walked in next to a sophomore, he was tall and looked intimidating but not that smart. I told the team to keep an eye on him. "Hey Parker" the boy Scoffed to Peter, Peter rolled his eyes and sat down on the waiting room chair.

Me and Pep had to talk to all the kids individually and when we did they all seemed smart, Finally after Peter we got to the suspicious kid. "Eugene Thompson" Pep called "call me Flash" he asked with a soft smile.

"So flash how are your grades?" I asked "decent I guess, B's and A's, One C" "attendance?" I said while writing on the starkpad "a few tardies but I only miss school if sick or appointments" he looked to be lying.

"Was the test hard or easy for you?" I asked and Pep gave him a look as well "uh... it was ok I guess, hard but not impossible" he was proud "how'd you know about the gamma radiation math problems" Pep asked "from the books the hulk wrote" the hulk seriously?! Did this kid even know the hulks real name?

I scoffed a little and wrote down again. After we were done with questions I talked to pep "Flash is the cheater" I said while holding the bridge of my nose. "Ya I know" she said.

"Let's give him a verification test" I stood up and wrote down a hard math problem for him, it was similar to a problem in Bruce's book but easier. I gave it to all the kids to see who could solve it, of course it'll take a while but we had all day.

Peter was first to finish, Flash was second to last. I rolled my eyes, stood up and collected the papers to see who got the questions correct and who got them incorrect. I've been thinking about having Peter as my personal intern and possibly another kid, maybe a sophomore or junior. Most kids got it correct, 6 got it incorrect which included Flash.

I looked at the tests and noticed that the equation I based it on 5 of the 6 kids had gotten it incorrect, so if it were easier than that one how would've flash gotten it wrong, and their handwriting on the paper was different. I walked back to the waiting room and called Flash to talk.

"Who did the test for you?" I straight up asked "sir?" He said acting confused "you know what I'm talking about, you should've gotten the question correct it was similar to the X=12 equation but easier" he looked mad. "They don't deserve to be here" Flash said.

"Why couldn't you just do the test your self? You know I could call the cops on you for death threats and fraud." I gave him a death look "n-no sir" he said a little scared. He left after we finished talking and I went back to the waiting room.

"Anyone else in here chest on the test? If your honest right now I won't call the cops for fraud" 1 kid raised his hand and left, the rest just sat there a little scared and confused.

Later that day I had called Flash to ask one more time who did the test for him but wouldn't budge. I decided to go to his house the tomorrow morning and tell his parents what happened.

The next afternoon

I go stop over at Flash's house, it was a decent size house with a big yard and pool. I knocked on the door and this middle aged mixed guy answered the door "Are you Mr. Thompson" "yes Mr. stark, come on kn" I nodded my head and walked in. We sat on the couch and told him what happened

"He could go to jail for that?" Mrs. Thompson said shocked that her son would do that "I know my boy he's a good kid he wouldn't cheat like that" I figured they would say that so I showed them the test. "That his hand writing" I asked with raised eyebrows "no sir, but it looks like a girls hand writing" Mr. Thompson said.

I gave them my phone number "call me when you get a name out of him" with that I left and drove through the snow, luckily it had stopped snowing for now.

Y/N POV

We were sitting in the living room while Mr seer was in his room sleeping when the power cut off (not from me thankfully) "DAMMIT" o heard from upstairs. An angry mr seer walked down the stairs "one of you bastards turn on that generator before I freeze to death" he walked back upstairs and mumbled something under his breath.

I sighed "I'll do it" I got up and walked to the back door and outside after putting my coat on. I've never done a generator before soooo I had no clue what I was doing

Y/N
Anyone by a chance know how to start a generator?

Mr spy
🙋

Y/n
Thank Thor

Thunder
I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED

Y/N
What-
I MISSED YOU YELLING MAN

thunder
I MISSED YOU TOO DAUGHTER OF TONY

Y/N
...
Anyways- how do you start it mr spy?

Mr spy
Does it have oil in it?

Y/N
Uhhhhh
Good question
Where's the oil department thangalang

Bird
Oh boy
Don't make me call mr Barton over to yo house for a generator

Y/N
Well does he know how to start a generator

Bird
Nope.

Y/N
-_-

Mr spy
Open the side latch and see an almost clear yellowy container that's the oil

Y/N
Ya it's empty-
I'll ask Jake to grab oil from the scary spider basement

"Jack can you grab oil from the basement please" i yelled softly from outside the door "on it" he said before groaning and standing up. He handed me the oil 2 minutes later

Y/N
Oil in, what next

Mr spy
Close the side latch and pull the lever thingy and press the red button

Y/N
Ooooh buttons
Level pulled
Which red button there's 4

Mr spy
What?

Y/N
I said there's 4 red buttons
*sends pic*

Bird
Press all of them till one works 🤷

Mr spy
No!

Salt
No!

Cap
No!

Bucket
No!

Speedy
Buttons :D

Mr spy
Try the biggest one

Y/N
It's making a weird fan noice

Mr spy
That means it's starting to good job kid :)

Y/N
:D
I did something!!!!

Bird
Woohoo!

Speedy
Now press the other buttons!!

Y/N
Did that when you were typing :D

Mr spy
Oh boy
Kids🤦🏻‍♂️

1212 words