Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Kai...

(Kai's Preggy belly)

The muscles in my back clamped up again and before the pain could set in my amazing mate was right there with his big warm hands kneading soothing circles and loosening the tense knots that had formed along the length of my tired spine. Being pregnant isn't all that its cracked up to be, but being pregnant for my mate is one of the awesomest things I have ever experienced.

"How are you feeling baby?" Zay whispered in my ear, his warm breath brushed over the outer shell and caused me to shiver. We were spending a lazy morning in bed.

Zayev had pack duties he should be attending to, now more than ever with the frequency of the rogue sightings increasing over the past couple of weeks, and no matter how much I encouraged him to take care of business first, my wonderful mate refused to discontinue our morning cuddling sessions, even after I got over my morning sickness. I am so happy to be able to enjoy my yummy plums again and even Sephia has stopped restricting the amount that I can have on a daily basis.

I went to roll over to prop my very big belly against the sculpted ridges of Zay's abdomen to relieve the pressure on my back and immediately his hands were there to help me roll over, and he patiently waited until I was settled in just right before he adjusted his much larger frame around mine for my utmost comfort. I am not going to lie, as much as I don't want to intrude on the time he needed to devote to pack business, being here like this when it's just me and him is the best.

My mate took his time caressing me from top of my head to the tips of my toes, and then those magical hands would return to my protruding tummy. My mate would spend loads and loads of time rubbing the taut flesh protecting our pup. He would talk to our baby and our little one would respond by kicking and rolling around in my belly. As the little bruiser got bigger, his father would tell him to calm down and not to hurt his daddy. How perfect is he?

It wasn't long before there was a discreet knock on our outer room door. Zay growled out a warning and I could hear the shuffling of feet as whoever it was quickly walked away from the door. From the scent left behind, it had to have been Devon. He and Malik are the only ones brave enough to come anywhere near the Alpha's private suite when we are resting.

"Baby, you know they wouldn't bother you unless it's important." I mumbled before rubbing the tip of my nose against his jaw line and tried not to giggle at the tickling sensation created by his scruffy hairs growing there.

"Nothing is more important than you and your well being and that of our child." Zay purred as his hands continued to roam my body. I could feel the tell tale tingle starting behind my balls, and I should mention that they are the same balls I haven't been able to see for months now, but I refuse to complain. My loving mate has been carefully caring for them for me. Zay would cut everything and everyone short to follow my daily schedule, he knew when I ate, when I had story time with the pups to relieve their teachers, and especially when it was time I usually soaked my distended body the the hot tub.

Zayev's a big strapping man, so it's no surprise that his pup was growing to be a big sturdy baby. Now that it was almost time for me to bring our little bundle of joy into the world, our baby had my tummy stretched to capacity. The weight on my pelvis caused my hips to get sore by the end of the day and the muscles in my back to tie themselves up in knots. The jets of our massive bathtub worked wonders to soothe my aches and pains, and my loving mate made sure he spent my entire bathtime ritual in the tub with me with his big warm body wrapped around my back.