Chapter 1

Chapter 1

(Terell Carter, as my idea of Zayev----------->)

I sat on my throne so to speak in the raised dais in the meeting/conference room of my pack house, my two loyal Beta's were seated on either side of me and several of my Enforcers were scattered throughout  the pack house's carnaverous meeting room. As Alpha of the Black Rhage Pack,  I was always surrounded and protected by my pack members, my family, not that there was any danger from my own pack members, or that I couldn't protect myself, that wasn't the case. I came from a long line of powerful wolves, supernatural beings that were capable of immense power, and of course as Alpha, I carried all that power and then some. I was one of the largest males in my pack, only my Enforcers could possibly compare to my size and my physical strength.

There was a reason why my pack mates were being extra cautious and protective of me because today we were hearing from several rogue wolves requesting sanctuary with my pack. They will  stand before me and my pack members and plead their case hoping that I will grant them refuge with my pack and deem the trustworthy enough to blend them into my family for that was what my pack was, my true family. They will be judged by the entire pack if they are deemed worthy enough to receive my bond  and  reep all the benefits and the protection that comes with it, although in the end, the final decision would be mine. The rogues will have to pledge their allegiance and loyalty to me as their bonded Alpha. Nevertheless, I will take my pack's opinion very seriously as I decide because I trusted my family.  So needless to say, with several strangers seated quietly in the corner as they nervously awaited for their turn to speak with me,  my Enforcers and my beta's were all on edge.

It was time to get this show on the road, and the first wolf up was a male, his name was Warren and he left his pack because of his sexual preference for other males, he was a beta wolf that wanted acceptance in my pack. I used my sense of smell to seek if he was speaking the truth and I studied his bowed form but something about this male didn't sit right with me. He gave off an insincere and untrustworthy vibe, and he reeked of deceit. I looked at Devon who discreetly looked from left to right letting me no that his opinion was a, "No," and I turned to Malik who indicated the same thing. I asked one of my Enforcers to escort Warren downstairs to the holding area.

I would tell him the news in private, there was no need to refuse the wolf in front of an audience, and judging from the hateful glare he sent my way before exited out of the room, I think he already had an idea of what my decision would be. He will have two choices, one, to leave my pack land and take a vow never return or two, die. If my Beta's had been conflicted in their decision then, I would appeal his case and he would have to submit to me. I would scan his mind, his memories, and his thoughts for his life story. It was rare that I had use my energy that way, and most times if the wolf's intentions weren't truthful and pure to begin with then they would refuse the scanning anyway.

The admittance meeting went on for another hour, rogue after rogue, and even a few families requested refuge.  I admitted two females,  three families, four males, and a mated couple into the pack . The couple were true mates, but their alpha had other ideas for the female and they decided to run and severe their pack bond same as the other rogues in attendance. My stomach grumbled and my wolf was getting restless, he wanted to go for a run and possibly hunt down some fresh game, but those thoughts were stunted to an abrupt halt when my wolf caught the most amazing scent I have ever had the opportunity to experience. My head snapped up and my eyes immediately  shifted to my Alpha's status shade of blood red. I couldn't contain myself as the mouth watering scent of sunshine mixed with scent of ripe strawberries permeated my senses, I felt like I was intoxicated, high on the essence of whoever belonged to that smell. To my Beta's surprise and my Enforcers growing uneasiness. I shot out of my seat with my nose in the air tracking the unique scent. My wolf was mindless with only one mission, to find the owner emitting that luscious fragrance immediately, he didn't care who or what was in his way.

My pack quickly shuffled out of my way, it was either that or get trampled. People stared wide eyed at me as if I lost my mind. My Enforcers shadowed my erratic steps and everyone was almost in state of panic at my uncharacteristic behaviour. The only person who was not alarmed and sat smugly  with an unconcerned smile on their face was my right hand, one of my Betas,  and best friend Malik. He just chuckled as my heart fluttered away in my chest like a panicked bird's wings flapping to take flight, my palms were sweaty, and my wolf was frantic as I searched out that delectable smell. Then finally, I came up to a she-wolf cowering in the corner of the room.

 With focused determination in every step, I strode over to her and people stumbled over their own feet to clear out of my way. My eyes were blood red, my fangs had descended to the point they were almost piercing my bottom lip. My razor sharp claws had shifted and I was more wolf than man at the moment.  I knew I was a ferocious sight to behold so I didn't blame the woman that she was hovering protectively over someone smaller than she was who was tucked protectively behind her voluminous skirts. She was not  a member of my pack and she was staring at me with pleading in her eyes. I noticed that even though she was definitely a wolf with our healing capabilities, she had several painful looking brusies around her throat and peppering up and down the skin her slender trembling arms.

She nervously shifted her stance and the scent I was stalking got stronger and I realized that it came from the person huddling behind her. I could tell that she was ready to battle to protect whomever it was and I had to push my frantic wolf to calm down. I closed my eyes and ruthlessly gained control of myself. My gums tingled as I retracted my fangs, and my hands burned as I pulled in my claws. When I reopened them I knew that all she was seeing was the color my human eyes, the dark brown orbs I was blessed with from my father the previous alpha, along with the milk chocolate toned skin. I was bald and the only  hair on my head was the goatee beard on my face. I stood approximately six feet six inches tall, and I tried to curl into myself trying to be a little less intimidating to my little mate and fierce his protector.

"Be at peace, no harm will come to you here. I am  Zayev, Alpha of the Black Rhage Pack. I am pleased to meet you." I said as I held out my hand to her, but she just looked at it warily. It wasn't until a little hand tapped her on her arm that she looked back behind her with a surprised gasp.

I watched intently as little head full of curls that looked like spun honey in the sunshine. I held my breath as that little face peeked up at me from under her arm, and I was almost knocked squarely on my ass as the prettiest pair of shimmering violet eyes met mine. I felt a powerful tremor quake through my body as my wolf howled in my head and then screamed the word, "Mate!" I found myself wanting to push the woman out of the way to get my hands on him, but I didn't want to scare the little beauty. I just sat there totally mesmerized by those big gorgeous purple eyes. I wasn't surprised when Malik cleared the room of everyone except himself, Devon, and a few of my most trusted but smirking Enforcers. I knew I was sitting there staring at this unknown man like I was a love struck idiot, but words couldn't describe how I was feeling at this precise moment.

My wolf impatiently clawed at me, he wanted out, he wanted to ravish and claim. He wanted to coddle and protect, but most of all he wanted to fuck and sink his teeth deep into the soft flesh of my mate's throat and marking him as forever ours. He wanted to taste the life affirming richness of his blood, and I'll be damned if my wayward cock didn't try to swell and peek out of the waistband of my sweats like it wanted to get a look at it's mate as well.

The woman gave a  me a another wary once over before she muttered, "My name is Sephia, and this is my little brother Kai, Alpha..." The woman spoke but she stopped mid-sentence when Kai stepped out from behind her. I watched wide eyed as the little beauty walked right up to me and my wolf was practically wagging his tail like a poodle on Heroin when Kai buried his beautiful face in my neck. He wrapped his slender arms around my broad shoulders and climbed right up onto my  lap from where I had crouched down in front of them. "Well I'll be." His sister mumbled as she stared dumbfounded at the pair of us, but I didn't care about anything or anyone around me at that moment. I had my mate in my arms and all I wanted to do was take him run deep into the dense forest on my land.  I wanted to have him to myself, to hunt for him, and to please him like no one other than I can.