Chapter 11

Chapter 11

(The Babies)

*A/N- well my loyal loving babies, you know what this means, there is only one more chapter and then the epilogue remaining for Zayev and sweet little Kai's story. And before you ask, no I will not be doing a story about Devon and Sephia, not even a one shot, sorry. Thank you for taking another journey with me and I appreciate all the love, the votes, and especially the comments, ya'll kill me, I read each and every one of them. I love you guys you are the greatest, thanks again. xoxoxo Dianna

Kai...

My eyes popped open and I gasped as a searing pain tore through my lower abdomen and I immediately called out for my mate. I expected Zay's big warm hands to  reach out to me and enfold me in his comforting arms. His touch always had the magic to soothe my pain away. What I expected and what I got were two different things, instead, I felt  his small delicate fingers brush my bangs off my forehead and I looked into the concerned blue green eyes of my sister.

Despite the throbbing pain radiating from my back and around my torso to my lower half of my body, I shot up in the middle of the bed and looked around the room for my missing mate. Not that I minded having my beloved sister presence here with me, but I wanted Zay. "Where is Zayev? What time is it?" I threw the covers back fearing that I slept through the challenge. I attempted to get onto my feet,  but the pain increased to the point where my knees buckled and Sephia shot herself across the massive mattress  and caught me before I hit the floor.

"Whoa, whoa, Kai, you need to calm down. It's around midnight and Alpha went to interrogate the challenging wolf. Now gently ease up here and tell me what hurts." She supported most of my weight as I gingerly climbed back onto the bed and rolled onto my side, wrapping my arms around my swollen belly and cradling my pup.

A sheen of sweat covered the entire surface of my skin and it felt like someone was trying to rip my spine out of my back. There was now a steady buildup of  pressure pulsing under my belly button and it was getting more and more intense by the minute. Sephia was fluttering over me and trying to get me to roll onto my back, but I just wanted my mate . I groaned and opened our bonded mind link. I gasped and rolled over as I felt the intensity if  Zay's rage  flow  over our connection and I immediately closed off the link to save myself from becoming overwhelmed by Zay's strong emotions as well as my trying to handle my pain. 

Whatever it was that's going on with that rogue, it was seriously pissing my mate off and in my current state, I don't know how to deal with his displeasure or how to make him feel better. I had bigger concerns at the moment, good Lord, I think I may be going into labor.

Zayev...

I felt the faint shiver of awareness of my mate shimmer across our bond for just a second before it was immediately severed. I looked down at Warren who was currently cowering at my feet. The multiple gashes he  received as incentive to talk from my sharpened claws were still oozing blood all over the floor. "Throw this mongrel back in his cell, then gather the trackers. I want that bastard found and brought to me alive...I don't care what you have to do to bring him to me,  but do it. You heard what this sack of shit said, scout out their rendezvous point, start looking for him from there and be quick about it." I barked the command to my war wolves and they moved quickly and gathered the sniveling wolf and threw him back into the concrete and steel enclosed cell with a bone crushing thud. Once I have my hands on his accomplice, they could face their fate together.

No way was this menace going to get the chance to get anywhere near my mate and Sephia ever again, if I have to challenge him and disperse his pack, then I will.  Right now, my wolf was anxious and we felt the urgency to rush to our mate's side. I turned and all but ran up the steps to the upper floors of the enforcer's lodge. I had felt Kai's distress and his reaction to my rage at Warren and he quickly shut down the connection but not before I picked up on his conflicting emotions.