Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I could feel the bright rays of the sun creeping over my bed and tickling my closed eyelids as it tried to coast me awake. But the warmth I was feeling wasn't from the brilliance of sunshine, they were coming from the enticing form of my little mate curled against my side. My system slowly woke up and a sluggish smile spread across my face as my arms tightened around Kai's slender waist. It has only been a few days, but I can't tell you how I had  ever survived without waking up to my little love cuddled against my body. Now don't get me wrong, it took some getting used to because as delicate as Kai may seem, he sure didn't sleep that way. It took all the power that I had within me not to ravish him or choke him to death on the very first night that we shared a bed.

In his sleep Kai held nothing back, he snored for one thing and not a dainty little whining wheeze through his nose either, no, the full on, mouth wide open and sucking air like a freight train screaming down the tracks at full speed, rattle the very windows kind of snoring. That is until he flipped over from his back to his side and then he wrapped around you like a sweltering octopus. His arms and legs went everywhere and then the torture truly begins because the little deviant dry humps anything that his pressed against his crotch in his sleep. So needless to say, my thigh and my hip have been rubbed raw in the last few days with the constant friction. And that is where the problem lies, every time he wraps that delectable body around mine, and every time he rubs his slender cock against my skin, his scent overwhelms me and my wolf demands for me to just take him and make him ours once and for all, but I had to once again silence him.

As much as I wanted to do just that, I wanted Kai to settle into the pack and get to know the people that are going to be his family, especially with the fact that he is going to be Alpha mate. In the last few days Kai and Sephia have been introduced to almost everyone. Sephia was a little reluctant at first, but trust Kai to bat those big pretty violet eyes at her and sure enough she caved and warily accompanied us around the compound. And of course, Devon was right there shadowing our every step, glaring at anyone who looked at Sephia with anything other than kindness or maybe took to long in shifting their eyes away from her after she was introduced to them.

A very amused Malik was on hand as well, he chuckled more than once when my wolf took to growling if anyone held Kai's hand longer than necessary during the introductions. At one point he out right guffawed when I almost shifted when an ex bed partner of mine let his jealously over Kai's presence made him forget himself for a moment, and he almost insulted my mate. Well, my wolf almost decapitated the shithead when I lost control for a minute and backhanded the man clear cross the courtyard, but I'd be damned if I apologize for it. Everyone needed to learn that lesson very quickly, I will not tolerate any disrespect or any threats against my mate or his immediate family, which was now my family.

Kai stretched and rubbed the entire length of his warm sleep flushed body against mine, and my attention was snapped back to the here and now. I looked down as Kai snuffled and cuddled his soft little cheek against my shoulder. His movements stirred his sleep warmed scent and it intoxicated me all over again. My cock immediately stirred and  filled, it pulsed painfully in my sweats. I usually slept in the nude but I didn't need anymore temptation than there already is in my bed. And currently that temptation was wiggling so enticing against me. Kai has taken to sleeping in my shirts and his boxers. He and Sephia came to us with nothing but the clothes in their backs, so Malik and his mate, Priscilla kindly went shopping for some things for both of the siblings. I took to ordering the rest of what they needed online to be delivered sometime by the end of the week.

The compound may be located deep within the forest, but my businesses and our other dwellings were located smack dab in the middle of the city. We are very much a modern pack. Moving with the times was the only way to survive, gone are the days where we kept to ourselves deep within the forest, living off what only mother nature provided, and separating ourselves from humans and other paranormals. The world was evolving, and we needed to evolve right along with it in order to survive and continue to thrive. But unfortunately alot of my brethren Alphas did not agree with the way I rule my pack, but my pack is sucessfully adapting and one of the wealthiest and close knit ones in the region. That was another reason I had so many rogue wolves requesting to join, seeking a permanent home.