Chapter 12

Chapter 12

**A/N- well my darlings, this is the last chapter before the epilogue enjoy, xoxo Dianna

Zayev…

Nothing could’ve compared to the feeling of lying next to my sweetly sleeping mate and keeping watch over him and the precious children that he bore me. My pups were beyond perfection and everyone in my pack was ecstatic about the new arrivals, and once my mate and my babies were strong enough then they will meet the rest of their extended family. I tipped my head up and looked at the clock on the nightstand, it  was almost time for me  to get up and Sephia should be here soon to stay with Kai while I take care of some business.

My war wolves had connected with me through the pack bond and sent me a message earlier that they were on the trail of Kai’s previous Alpha. They had picked up on his foreign scent last night after I had questioned Warren and coerced him into telling me all about where he was supposed to meet up with the useless sack of shit after issuing his idiotic challenge. The son of a bitch was still on my land.

Warren had left my territory after our first encounter when I denied the bastard admittance into my pack, and somehow he found his way to Kai’s old pack. The dip shit had gleefully spilled what he heard and what he had witnessed in my compound before he was hauled of my property.  Between the two of them they had worked up a plot that Warren would distract me and my pack with the fight for my title while he and his betas would locate and kidnap Kai.

According to Warren, the demented Alpha promised him that he could take me in a fight. I purposely kept him in the dark about the rules of engagement when you challenge and Alpha for the right to take his over his life and his pack from him. I told him he should have known that the fucker was off  his rocker when all he talked about was getting his perverted hands on my mate.

Warren had tipped his hand when he had insisted on going into the woods to sleep after he had his say. He had panicked when he found out what the true rules of an Alpha challenge was, and after a painful gouge or two across his chest, he had no problem confessing his sins. Ignorant though he may be, he still conspired to harm my mate and for that they are going to die.

The asshole didn’t know that Kai is my true mate or that he was pregnant with my children, and if by some means he did know, he still had designs to kidnap and use my mate for whatever depravities he had concocted in his mind for my mate. That means he wouldn’t have cared less for my pups and most likely would have killed them, and that had my blood pressure spiking through the roof. The need to kill this son of bitch was riding me like I was a whore in prison full of lusty men.

A gentle tap on our bedroom door brought me out of my thoughts and settled my rising temper. Sephia poked her head through the gap in the door and I quietly waved her inside. She slipped inside and the door clicked softly behind her, and then she made her way over to the bed as I gently untangled myself from Kai. He whimpered and shuffled, a frown formed on his angelic face so I quickly piled the body pillows behind him and he immediately settled back down to sleep.

I pointed to the bottle warmer next the pups bassinet and I held up two fingers letting her know that they ate two hours ago. She nodded and flapped her hands for me to get a move on, but my feet didn’t want to budge, and as much as my wolf wanted to rend the encroaching Alpha from limb to limb, he couldn’t find it within himself to leave his babies either.

I leaned over their bassinets and placed a gentle kiss of the soft scented chubby cheeks. I inhaled deeply loving their brand new smell with a hint of lavender and baby powder. I gave them one last rub leaving them doused heavily with my scent. They were mine and I marked them as such. I couldn’t wait to get the opportunity to sink my teeth into their papa again and reconnect, but the healer said at least three weeks before Kai’s body recovers from the stress of pregnancy and delivery. They said to use standard human protection to keep from getting pregnant again too soon, especially when Kai’s full moon heat occurs.