Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Shitshitshit. "Hey buddy, you were there when she explained what she had to do in order to keep her brother safe. I am sure she went through some unimaginable things at the hands of that bastard. I am not saying this to rub it in, I am saying this to let you know her head may not be in the right place and she is most likely feeling the lowest of low right now.  Be patient and talk to her, let her see that she is worth more than what she thinks she does and be gentle with her." I advised him as I rubbed his back and tried to offer him what comfort that I could.

Devon just nodded his head at me, and we stayed in that same spot until night fell across the trees and shrouded the clearing  and everything in it's path in darkness. My arms were numb but I refused to let my trusted Beta and my friend go until he got a hold of his emotions. Finally, he eased away from me and my impatient wolf raised his head and howled, Kai's scent drifted on the wind and I almost dropped Devon on the ground, I spun around so fast. I saw Kai running towards me and I opened my arms and caught him as he slammed into my body. He was so slight he didn't even manage to budge me at all.  He cuddled into my chest before he hopped down and went right up to a surprised Devon.

He took his hand and I had to clamp my jaws shut and will my wolf to calm the fuck down. He growled as my unclaimed mate touched another man, but my human part knew he was just offering comfort to my friend.

"Don't worry Devy, Sephie will come around, that bad wolf made her feel ugly." He pouted adorably  and fuck if I didn't just want to scoop him up and lock him in my room for days and love on him until he begged me to stop.

Devon just looked at him and gave him a sincere smile, he excused himself and slowly made his way back towards the pack house. I turned back to my mate and just basked in his beauty as his little face looked up at me. "Come on, baby, let's go back and hope nothing else gets in the way of our dinner." I said as he slipped his much smaller hand into mine. I immediately felt the tingles of our tentative bond shiver across my skin and the heat of it pooled right in my groin. Damn, at this rate my poor privates was going to fall off, dang it.

The remainder of the night was blissfully uneventful, Kai and his sister shared a meal with me in my private quarters. I listened as they both explained what their day to day life was like in their old pack. I in turn explained the rules of my pack and my expectations of each and every one of my pack members. Sephia burst out into tears when I explained that as the sibling of my mate, she was under my sole protection for the rest of life until she chose a mate. I told her that I knew Devon was her true mate and I dared to ask her to talk to the pack healers about her ordeal before outright refusing the mating bond. She remained silent until Kai climbed into her lap and begged her to seek her own happiness, that he loved her for protecting him for so long and that it was time for her to be happy, way past time. I had to blink back the hot tears forming behind my own eyes as Kai thanked his sibling and praised her strength and bravery for surviving the abuse. He advised her not to let what their old Alpha demented actions ruin her future because then the bastard will have succeeded in breaking her. I wanted to leave and let them have their moment but I couldn't drag myself away from Kai's side, my wolf wouldn't let me.

It was at that moment that I saw just how special my little Omega was, I knew once he was claimed there would be no one in this pack that wouldn't love and worship the ground this sweet boy walked on. My wolf was steadily badgering for me to claim him, but how does one turn a sweetheart into a freak in bed. Fuck, I didn't want to come off as some kind wolfy pervert who couldn't wait or keep it in his pants.

By the time dinner was over, I was glad to see his sister retire to her own room. I needed to talk to Kai and make sure that he understood what it is to be an Alpha mate, I needed him to understand the difference between mating with a pack member and mating with an Alpha. I had no clue if it has ever been explained him. I watched as the beautiful pup skipped around my room. He touched everything, he studied everything, and I found it absolutely adorable how he picked up my shirt laying on the chair or my pillow and sniffed it while making a happy little humming sound.