Chapter 6

Chapter 6

(Kai's wolf------------>)

The full moon was almost upon us and I could feel my wolf’s restlessness and his need for Kai. The closer we were to the little beauty was the more my skin burned with the need to ravish him, to feel him writhing with pleasure underneath me, and submitting to our union as true mates. Our tentative bond was getting stronger and stronger by the minute, but it isn’t complete until we have fully consummated our relationship so to speak. I had to admit that my control has never been tested as much as it had over these fast few weeks.

Kai’s scent alone was driving me insane and I can’t even mention what his presence in my bed and my daily life does to me and my wolf. He is temptation incarnate and I took to locking myself in my office to slave over mounds of paperwork or patrolling my pack’s compound and the surrounding forest with my enforcers to avoid being around him. But at night, I had no relief. His body, his heat, and his very essence filled me with desire and lust. My poor cock has become so sensitive; I didn’t even want to touch it to relieve myself.

I checked my watch with a heartfelt sigh, my parents were due to return to the pack house today and Sephia and Kai were both nervous about it, even though I have reassured them that there is nothing to be anxious about. My parents were going to love them, especially my mother. She was going to be ecstatic that I have found my mate and she was going to adore Kai. Hell, who wouldn’t, my mate is really something special, so adorable, and so loving towards everyone.

My head snapped up as I felt Kai’s anxiety levels spike against our mating bond and I shot quickly to my feet and rushed out of my office and into the hallway leading to the main room of the pack house. And just as I rounded the corner a little gold wolf barreled into my legs and almost knocked me to the ground. The pup wound himself around my ankles as Sephia came bounding around the corner with Devon hot on her heels. She was waving a half eaten plum in her hand as she skidded to a stop in front of me and glared at the little wolf hiding behind my legs.

I couldn’t help but to be amused at the disgruntled look on Sephia’s face and Devon twittering behind her. He has become her shadow in the past couple of days. His wolf needed to be close to his mate, and he wanted his constant presence around her so that she would become comfortable around him, and so far it seemed to be working and I was happy for my friend. But right now, I hadn’t a clue what to do as Sephia shifted around me and Kai’s little wolf scooted in the opposite direction with me caught in the middle of this little game of cat and mouse.

“Come here, you little glutton. You know you are not supposed to eat so much of this sweet fruit.” She exclaimed as she reached for the twitchy pup yet again and he side stepped her. He was practically vibrating with hyperactive energy. I could feel the rush of it through our bond. It made me feel almost bouncy myself.

I grabbed Kai my the scruff of his neck to keep the wayward pup still with one hand and the other I held out to keep Sephia where she was long enough for me to find out what was going on. “What’s going on here?” I asked with a raised brow.

“I’m sorry Alpha for interrupting your day, but the Alpha mate here knows that he isn’t supposed to eat his wolfy weight in plums because it’s like a human eating too much sugar. He gets all hyper and bratty and generally becomes a pain in the ass. He has been through a whole bucket of these and so far he has wreaked havoc in the kitchen, startled the poor chefs into spilling soup all over the floor, and had the pups so riled up their parents are having a hard time getting them back to their afternoon lessons.” She exclaimed as she pointed to my mischievous mate.

I let him go and that was my mistake because he shot through my legs, bounded around his sister, and side swiped Devon to get away. But he didn’t make it very far because he collided smack dab into a set of long thick legs and screeched to an inelegant halt with a little surprised little yip. I had to bite my lip to keep myself from laughing at the expression on the big man’s face as he looked down at the cowering pup at his feet. My mother leaned around the muscle bound bulk of my father, and former Alpha to see what was going on.

“Well, what do we have here?” My father’s deep baritone boomed around all those gathered in the entrance of the common room.

I cleared my throat and stepped forward as Sephia gasped and quickly straightened her dress and put a hand to hair only to realize that she had a half eaten plum in her hand and she thrust the fruit behind her back. And Devon found the ceiling very interesting all of a sudden. “Hi Mom and Dad, let me introduce you to our newest pack members. At your feet is my mate Kai, and this young lady is his sister, Sephia.” I said and then cringed as my mother let out a high pitched squeal.

I would never understand how a woman so small and fragile managed to shove the 6’6 Alpha wolf out of the way as effortlessly as she did, as she dropped to her knees and to cuddle Kai to her. His poor tongue lolled out of his mouth as he panted for air. My mother just cooed all over him about how absolutely adorable he was, and petted him to within an inch of his life.

My father just gave us all an indulgent smile as he tried to pry my mother off my suffocating mate, brave soul that he was. I wasn’t getting in between that woman and her long awaited mate for me, the apple of her eye. But he managed it and Kai scurried over to me and promptly sat on my feet as she shook put his fur.

“It’s nice to meet you all, welcome to the pack. Come on love, let’s give the kids a chance to clean up and we can get to know each other better at dinner tonight.” My father suggested as he pulled his reluctant mate towards the stairs to head up to their room.

“Oh gosh. What a way to meet the parents?” Sephia stated as she once again glared at my mate.

“Alright, let’s just chill. Sephia I will make sure than Kai doesn’t have more than what he needs of his favorite fruit, and Devon please apologize to the cooks for me and the parents about the little disturbance. Kai, go to our room and shift and shower. I will be there in a minute.” I instructed and everyone nodded and set off to do my bidding. I just shook my head as I watched my little mate hurry up the stairs. I am going to wait until he was bathed and dressed before I even attempted to set foot into that bedroom. There is only so much that I can take.

The spirits must have been sadists to heap this kind of punishment on our kind. The sexual frustration that one mate had to endure while waiting for the other to go into heat was pure torture. But it was the only way to ensure the completion of the bond, I would receive the mating bite from my little love as I knotted him, and just the thought of finally being able to make love to Kai had my poor balls drawing up yet again.

I immediately turned and made tracks back to my office to take my mind off of him. I didn’t need another hard on with no way of relieving it, jerking myself off was no longer working and besides. I have practically rubbed my shaft raw the last couple of days and the abused organ couldn’t take it anymore. “Three more days Zay my boy, three more days.” I mumbled to myself as I sat behind my desk and went back to working on the financials for the pack.