Interlude: First date

After returning from the prison and reporting to Batman about what happened, he congratulated them on a job well done and stopping the criminals from breaking out of Bell Reve. After what happened at the prison when Alex saw M'gann was frozen in ice due to Killer Frost, it made him worried and decides to do something courageous after being pressured by Pepper and Rhodey for a couple days after the mission. He walks into the kitchen and sees M'gann taking a batch of cookies out of the oven to cool.

M'gann: Oh, hey Alex. If you smelled the cookies, you're going to have to wait for them to cool down before you could have one.

Alex: That's fine. I just came to ask you something.

M'gann: What is it?

Alex: I was wondering... if you aren't busy, would you like to come with me out of the cave tonight?

M'gann: (Hopefully) Are you asking me out?

Alex: Yes. It's alright if you don't want to go, I understand—

He gets interrupted by M'gann, who hugs him with a bright smile.

M'gann: I would love to go out with you. (Pulls back) Where are we going?

Alex: Well, I was thinking we could walk around and explore Happy Harbor to see what interests us.

M'gann: Alright then. Let me just finish up here and we can get ready for our date.

Alex: Ok then.

Happy Harbor:

The 2 teens walk around exploring the town and see a movie theater. They walk in and buy snacks and tickets to see a presentation of the movie "Rocky". After having a good time watching the movie, they leave the theater.

Megan: That was really good. I liked his performance in the movie.

Alex: Yeah, Sylvester Stallone did a good job playing an underdog like Rocky. You should also check out the other films in the franchise.

Megan: There's more of them?

Alex: Yep, my dad introduced me to them. Me and my parents would watch them together whenever we weren't busy for movie nights. Maybe I can show you them sometime.

Megan: I would like that.

They spot an ice cream parlor and walk inside to purchase 2 cones.

Megan: You know, I've never had ice cream before.

Alex: Really? I thought you would've tried some before now.

Megan: No. I've never had any ice cream before today.

She then tries them and smiles in delight.

Alex: What do you think? How is it?

Megan: It's wonderful.

After a few minutes, they finish their ice cream and explore more of the town.

Megan: I'm having a good time with you, Alex.

Alex: So am I. It's nice to spend some time together, just you and I. Don't get me wrong, I like hanging out with our friends, but after what happened at Belle Reve, I just got worried about you.

Megan: So was I, but I guess that's how life of heroes are.

Alex: Yeah, I'm just glad you're alright.

Megan blushes, happy knowing that he was worried about her and cared for her safety while her and Connor were on their mission a couple days ago. Before they could say anything else, Alex's phone starts beeping. He takes a look at it and sees the police scanner going off.