Terrors

New Orleans; September 14th; 16:53 EDY:

Cat: This is Cat Grant, reporting live from New Orleans historic French Quarter where the Martian Manhunter and Superman are in mid battle against the so called "Terror Twins", who have been on a free state rampage through the south.

As she reports this, Superman and Martin Manhunter block or dodge incoming vehicles that the Terror Twins throw at them. Tommy Terror carry's his sister, Tuppence, and flies towards the two heroes. He throws Tuppence at Superman while he fights Martian Manhunter.

Unfortunately for them, the heroes see this coming and throw them towards a nearby warehouse. Iron Man and Red Tornado go up behind them and place inhibitor collars on them. This suppresses their powers making them easier to handle.

Tommy: Hey! That don't feel right. (Struggles to get free from Iron Man's grip) My strength. But I just gone toe to toe with Superman.

Iron Man: Sorry to hurt your pride, but this is as far you can go, Tommy and Tuppence Terror. You can come out now.

Superboy and Miss Martian walk towards them with Superboy looking like Tommy Terror.

Superboy: Also, congratulations; it's more quality time than he's ever given me.

Miss Martian walks up to Tuppence and puts a hand on her shoulder.

Superboy: (As Tommy) Got your inspiration, Sister Tuppence?

Miss Martian: (Shape-shifts into Tuppence) I believe I do, Brother Tommy.

Tommy: Somebody tell me what's going on?

Batman walks up behind the disguised Superboy and Miss Martian before putting collars around their necks.

Batman: It's simple. They're under arrest.

Belle Reve Parish; September 16th, 21:55 CDT:

The prison transport drives down the bumpy road and makes its way to Belle Reve with SWAT copters flying over. Miss Martian's eyes scan the interior of the transport. Next to her is Superboy, in his disguise as as "Tommy Terror", wearing a power restraining collar along with a set of power dampening shackles, just like she did, for security measures. At the front is a guard holding a shotgun. Miss Martian looks to the back of the transport and sees Mr. Freeze, wearing an orange jumpsuit over his suit, sitting within a specialized seating area. She looks across from her, seeing Icicle giving her a weird look. He gives her a wink and blows a kiss, causing her face to scrunch up. As she stares down at the shackles, she thinks back to 2 days ago.

Flashback:

Miss Martian, Superboy, an armor less Iron Man, and Captain America are all in the briefing area of the cave, standing before Batman, Superman, and Red Tornado.

Batman: This past 4th of July, 5 ice villains staged simultaneous attacks; Mr. Freeze, Icicle Jr., Killer Frost, Blizzard, and Captain Cold were all easily apprehended. Perhaps too easily.

As he speaks the images of each of the ice villains
appear behind him. The images of Blizzard, Cold, and Frost move above an image of a prison.

Batman: Cold, Frost, and Blizzard were immediately sent to Belle Reve Penitentiary: a federal prison designed to house super-criminals. The 17-year old Icicle Jr. was sent to a juvenile facility. Mr. Freeze to his usual cell in Arkham Asylum. But Freeze petitioned the court to be declared legally sane and Junior sued to be tried as an adult. As a result, both await transport to Belle Reve, which seems to have been the goal all along. (Looks at Miss Martian and Superboy) I'm sending the two of you in to find out why.