Chapter 5

Months later, at a coffee shop at suburb of New York

Peter was cleaning the tables after the customers left. He was busy with his job of being the waiter for the shop that he had forgotten to go out and some pictures for nearly two months. Not that he didn't like it though instead he felt nice to see the world went back to normal after the event happened in New York few months ago that included aliens and Earth mighty heroes, the Avengers.

Thanked to the media and also the Internet, Peter had gathered quite information of those he had fought with in that fight that contained Captain America aka Steve Rogers; Iron Man aka Tony Stark; Hulk aka Bruce Banner; Thor; Hawkeye and Black Widow. Not gonna lie. Peter had a thought that the Avengers would protect this world better than he could do.

However, his instinct told him be aware of the uncertain future. Just looked at this peaceful moment, Peter knew that it wouldn't last long until something bad would probably happen. 'The calm before the storm' was always true in the cases that Peter involved in.

The fight at New York had shown him his lack of knowledge about this world. This world didn't simple as he thought it would. He blamed himself for not realizing it sooner, he should have put that in mind from the time he lift Mjollnir. This world was way more complicated than he imagined. Even right at the moment, Peter was worry about his unwell condition that was going on, if he could have enough power to save this world or not without his final form.

Lost in thought while cleaning the table, he was brought by the pad on the shoulder by his boss.

"What's on your mind, Tobey?"

"Oh, It's you, boss. Nothing important. Just wandering that's all."

"Really? You have been like this for months. Are you sure you're fine?"

Looked at how worry the boss for him, Peter felt a little warm in chest. It's been so long since he had someone cared for him. But he couldn't tell her the truth so instead, he gave her a lie that could make her stop worrying about him.

"Well... I have been lost lately. Still haven't had any ideas for my new photo album."

"Oh. Don't stress out. I'm sure you will come up something. I've looked at your photos, they are beautiful. Created those masterpieces took a lot of times and efforts, don't be too hash on yourself."

"Thanks, boss. It helps me a lot."

"Good. Now would you kindly stop cleaning this table? It's almost eroded all out thanks to your hard-working."

"Sorry, boss. Won't happen again."

"Oh, I don't know about that."

Saw his boss walked to the kitchen, Peter breathed out in relief. He didn't think that his lie would work, it's a miracle to see it happened. He had to thank to his old boss, J.Jonah Jameson for the time he worked at the Daily Bugle. Anyway, he continued his cleaning before his boss complained again.

Took about 30 minutes to finish, Peter walked back his room. As he walked pass the TV that his boss was watching the news on. An interesting news caught his attention, it was about the terrorist group had just shown up after the fight at New York with a leader called Mandarin. Seemed like that group had caused many problems around the world and mainly at the near time, America. There were bombings occurred in USA and everyone was terrified at him and his group.

Watching the reporter talk about Mandarin, Peter asked his boss in worry.

"Does the government do something about this?"

"Yeah. They repainted the War Machine guy and gave him a new name, Iron Patriot. Can't find any more humor than this."

"Too aggressive, boss."