Chapter 16

Back to the coffee shop, where Peter lived,

Peter entered the coffee shop through the entrance. Suddenly, his spider sense began tingling. He changed his eyes to the direction where the danger was and witnessed a plastic cup flying toward him. Though he was full capable of dogging it but instead, he chose to stay still and let the cup to hit him right at his forehead.

!!!PONK!!!

The cup hit Peter and pounced down on the ground, with Peter himself falling along it as well. He even acted like he was in pain even though it was not true.

"Ouch. What was that for, boss?"

Peter spoke out in surprise while rubbing his 'poor' forehead. The preson who threw the cup at him was none other than the owner of the coffee shop, his boss. Although, she was almost passed her middle age but her throwing skill had not yet faded away.

"As for yourself. Do you know how long you have been gone?"

The boss was quite angry at Peter for leaving his job so suddenly at night and went missing for several weeks. Though he had left a message for her before going out that wasn't enough to stop her from worrying about him.

The boss acknowledged that Peter had his own life and he would not stay at the coffee shop forever, it would eventually be the time he left. But that didn't change the fact that she really cared for him like a family member.

All this time, living together, the boss knew the person who Peter really was. From the outside, he seemed to be a very ordinary guy but actually in the inside, he was so much more. She didn't know how to describe it but in a lot of times, she had seen many pains in his eyes: sorrow, loneliness, suffering, pressures, anger... there was so much going with him that he didn't want anyone to see it.

The boss had no clue how Peter could bear with it for so long without going insane. She's willing to help him with all she could if he decided to open it up. However, he himself still chose to keep it close and didn't want to share it with anyone. She respected his decision though and watched out for him from behind. That's why she was really mad when he suddenly went missing for days.

"Sorry, boss. Something came up. So, I have to stay back a little while."

Peter didn't lie. The disassemble of the Avengers was something that he was not expecting. With most of the heroes gone, this Earth would become more vulnerable. Therefore, he had to send Shima to Tony in order to letting the Iron Man have more companion for the upcoming danger ahead.

It took Peter a couple of days just to convince Tony to have more faith in his Undead friend. After that, he even spent more time to maintain the good terms between those two stubborn all because of Tony wanting to have the technology of the Rider System along with the Undead DNA evolution but Shima rejecting his request. Finally, after an extremely long time using his mind, he managed to stop the argument and settle things out as bunch of grown-up man instead of fighting.

"So busy for not giving a call?"

"I'm so sorry, boss. I totally forgot it. It won't happen next time. I promise."

"..."

"Please. I really meant it."

"Ugh... Fine. No more next time."

"Absolutely. Thank you, boss."

"Yeah yeah. Go back to your room. Have some rest."

"Nah, I'm still good. Let me help you with the cleaning first."

"No. Go back to your room."

"Huh."

Peter was shocked by his boss's loud voice. It was the first time he had ever seen her using serious tone like that. Before he could react of how that could happen, the boss had already one step ahead of him. She looked around to make sure no one was watching and then walked up close to him. She grabbed his arm and whispered softly into his ears.