Chapter 13

Peter had just finished his shower, a very long one. He spent a lot of shampoo and effort but still, the stinky smell was staying on him. That disgusting smell was what he received from the monster in the previous mission on a certain world. That monster was quite strong but he and his teammates had succeeded and was able to save that world.

However, at the moment they were about to destroy that monster, it's one step faster than them and self-destruct at its own which made all the glue and slime inside it body attacked to Peter and his friends. That's the reason he had to spent hours in the shower just to get rid of its disgusting smell. Too bad, he couldn't.

As Peter was walking his way to the kitchen, he met up with a familiar face who was cooking at the stoves. The smell of the food was so delicious that made him lost his focus on the bad smell of his body. The man who was cooking noticed him and spoke out while seasoning to the dish.

"You're done showering, Peter?"

"Hey, Barry. Actually no, the smell's still on. I think I might get some more shower later."

"Then later I'll grab you some grapefruit leaves to cook bath water. It's very effective. Now have a seat. I almost finish cooking."

"Already? That's fast."

"Yeah. Me and my brothers, we went home early so I have full of time making the food."

"No wonder. Where are they by the way?"

"In the living room. Watch TV or play chest, I don't know. Can't have them messing around while I'm cooking."

"Yeah. Probably for the best."

"Want to taste some herb tea? I'm trying a new recipe."

"Sure. Don't mind if I do?"

"Go ahead."

Peter picked the teapot on the table and pulled himself a glass of it. Before out it in his mouth, he move the glass closer to his nose and smelled the scent of the tea. Somehow, that smell was very similar to him, especially the musky and somewhat pungent that he had met before.

"Valeriana, isn't it?"

"That's right. No bad, Peter."

"I drank this one before, very good. But from what I remember, its smell had to be stronger than this but this is very... unique."

When brewed as a tea, valerian root produced a distinct aroma that could be quite potent. Some people compared the smell to that of wet soil or damp wood, while others may detect hints of a sweet, herbal fragrance. The scent could vary depending on the freshness and quality of the valerian root used, as well as personal sensitivity to different odors.

After all, it's important to note that individual perceptions of smell could vary, and some people may find the scent of valerian tea appealing, while others may find it less pleasant.

However, unlike the origin Valeriana tea, this one that Barry made had become something special. The aroma was lighter and carried the slightly sweet undertone along with the woodiness from the rain forest. Didn't know why but by just smelling it, his mind had getting more relax.

Peter then took a small sip of the tea and enjoyed it flavor. As what he had predicted while smelling the tea, its regular flavor had been changed. Instead of the strong, bitter, and earthy taste that the tea carried had been replaced with something else more mildly. He could feel a little sweetness in it but no from the sugar or the honey but coming from its own self. Just by one sip, all the stress inside him had disappeared immediately. His mind became relax and could focus more.