chapter nine

CHAPTER NINE

april 12, 2021

Tubbo is Live!

early morning stream with red

"I really need to re-paint my nails," Red says, holding up her fingers to the camera. The sky-blue polish is mostly chipped off.

"I don't know what color to paint them, though," She continues. Toby yawns and rubs the sleep from his eyes.

Red laughs at his tiredness.

"Red, stop laughing, it's like four in the morning," Toby moans.

"It's three, actually," Red corrects matter-of-factly.

He rolls his eyes with his head. "Red, that makes it no better."

Red shrugs and stands up to walk away, exposing her Winnie the Pooh pajama shorts.

"What're you doing?" Tubbo asks, rubbing his eyes again.

"Making you coffee. This is upsetting."

"Oh. Thank you. You know how I like it?"

Red scoffs dramatically from the kitchen. "Jesus CHRIST! Ten years as your best friend and you don't trust me to make you coffee?"

"Oh, fuck me," Toby laughs.

"You wish," Red says immediately. They seem to realize the impact of their jokes at the same time. Toby's face turns the same color as Red's hair (that is to say, bright pink.)

Red scrambles in running. "NO. DO NOT CLIP THAT. CLIPS CHANNELS, I'M FUCKING COMING FOR YOU."

I bust out laughing. I type out a chat message:

sleepyjune :0

sleepyjune toby you're due for an explanation

bensonourbeloved LMAO HI JUNE

Toby cringes. "Of course June is here. This is great. Awesome, even."

Red stops cold in her tracks. "Who's here?"

"June." She still looks confused. "Remember the girl I was on FaceTime with a couple of days ago?"

"Ohh. Hey, June."

sleepyjune hi!

sleepyjune i love your pj's

They look down, then back up to the camera again. "You know? I love my pajamas too. Thank you so much."

Red seems to realize that she forgot about something.

"OH SHIT!" Red shrieks. "THE COFFEE!"

As Red runs off, Toby whispers into the microphone: "This is why we don't let Red cook."

I pull up Minecraft in the background and start up CaveSMP. I spawn facing a stone wall. Lottie's the only one on right now. I type a message into chat:

sleepyjune: ayo bitches where you at