the one year love letter

I mean, wow. It's really been a fucking ride. It's been a whole year since I first started All Our Stars. That's... that's fucking insane.

Listen, when I got into writing, I was eight years old. And, despite how many stories I've deleted and abandoned, I kept writing. And it's led me here, with a story I love and cherish more than any project I've ever worked on.

All Our Stars has evolved a lot over the course of its life. It was first "The Multiplayers" and then it was "Wanderlust" and shortly thereafter "Fika". And then, as you all know, it evolved into what it is. This story used to be a y/n story with Purpled in it. And, admittedly, the story also changed quite a lot at the same time as I did. I think it truly became something more than a fanfiction at some point. It's a love letter to the community around us. It's a thank you to every tween who hides their phone under their covers to watch their favorite creator and stifles their laughter in the darkness, and it's a hand-wrapped gift to the kids crying in their closet (metaphorical or otherwise) and pulling up streams or stories because they needed somewhere to go. It's an "I see you" to everyone who doesn't know who they are and it's an "I love you" to those who survived.

Thank you for being here on this journey with me. It truly means the world.

With every ounce of love I have,

- patchyshack