Jean #1

"LONGING STARES."
JEAN X M!READER
MAYBE F!DILUC X M!READER??

ANGST.

Requested.

Y/n's pov.

Oh how I wish I was in that relationship.

Jean recently announced her relationship with Lisa, oblivious of my feelings towards her. I couldn't blame her though, I never imagined myself actually confessing. But what would that change? They always had chemistry, and no one even knows if they were in a secret relationship. After that day, I never got work done. Some were concerned but I explained a excuse to get them off my back.

"Uhm, Y/n?" A female voice says as I looked up from my desk, meeting.. Amber. "Uh, hey, sorry its a little messy, but uhm, what do you need?" I asked "Well, some of the knights have been concerned with your behavior." Amber said as she sat on one of the chairs near my desk. "Tell them I'm fine. Just a little distracted thats all-" "Is this about Jean?" Amber cut me off as I looked at her.

"No.. no!" I defended myself "It is, isnt it?" Amber lowly said. "Can you please get out of my office." I said not meeting her eyes "Y/n-" "I mean this in the nicest way possible. Get out." I said as Amber got out of my office. I scratched my head out of stress and made a decision to go to the Tavern. Kaeya always goes there when he isnt busy, why shouldn't I too?

I picked up my coat and draped it onto my shoulders, it was quite cold when its night in Mondstadt. I got out of the HQ and started going to the path to Angel's Share.

(I needed another female, I started thinking bout Rosaria but decided for Fem! Diluc. BARE WITH ME)

"Y/n!" Was the first thing I heard when I entered "Kaeya? I thought you were still at-" "The HQ? Noo! See Jean and Lisa are here too!" Kaeya said as I looked where he pointed, seeing Jean and Lisa at a nearby table. Close enough to the bar.

I sat down on one of the stools, making eye contact with Diluc. But she looked away after a few seconds. "But what are you doing here Y/n? I always thought you spend all your nights in your office." Kaeya teased "You know Kaeya, fuck off." I said jokingly "My feelings Y/n. Ugh." Kaeya said as he put a hand on his chest while I laughed at him. "Another one!" Kaeya yelled "I'm cutting you off." Diluc replied as she took the bottle from him while Kaeya pouted at her.

"Aww did someone get cut off?" I teased, laughing. "Kindly, get off my cock." Kaeya said as he laid his head on the counter "Are you that drunk?" I asked "Been drinking since 7pm." Diluc responded. "Woah!!" I said suprised "How's your liver?" I continued

Kaeya just groaned at me and fell asleep after, in the corner of my eye, I saw Jean staring at me. But when I looked at her she stopped, not to offend Diluc but this was a really boring night with alcohol. "Do you have anything other than dandelion wine?" I asked, scoffing. "We do, but, I dont think your the type of guy to handle it." Diluc said as she laughed at me "Aw, did someone get belittled- belittle- how the hell do you pronounce that word?" Kaeya said as I laughed at him "Stop laughing.." Kaeya groaned, going back to his sleepy state.

"Well, I'm going to head off, this place is quite boring. No offense Diluc." I said as I left the tavern, all jokes aside, I didn't know where to go.

So, I headed off to the outside of Mondstadt walls. Deciding where it would take me.

"Y/n!" "Jean?" I said confused "Mhm! I just.. uhm, why did you run off so fast?" "In the tavern? I was just getting bo-" "I mean when I announced that Lisa and I are together.." Jean cutted me off as I looked at her with a suprised and sad expression. "Fine, lets just say.. I had feelings for you and I was too late." I stated as Jean let out a suprised look on her face.

"What?!" She shouted "Calm d-" "Why would you even have feelings for me?! Werent you the first to know?!!" "I was?" I said "Yes! Didnt you know?? You walked in on us. Luckily Lisa and I just had broken our mouths away!" She explained, Jean was holding onto her head, stressed.

"I'm sorry, but its all in the past now-" "Seriously Y/n?! Feelings! Oh Lord Barbatos.." "Its fine Jean-" "Stay away from me. Why couldnt you tell me sooner?" "What..?" I said "I said stay away!" Was the last thing she said before walking out on me. Its all my fault, wasnt it?

Rushed angst sorry if it doesnt make sense but yeah.

Have a great day!

☆◇♡◇☆