Ningguang #1

Modern AU!

Ningguang's p.o.v

I was on a date, with my boyfriend. Zhongli.

Laughing together, enjoying our time together, but that was all a facade wasnt it? Because now, I'm crying in my best friends chest, Y/n.

"Its gonna be fine, Ning." He said "What if it isnt going to be fine?" I said sobbing, my eyes shut "So, what if you saw him going out with a new person, or guy.." Y/n said as it made me sob more.

"What if we go somewhere.. special?" He proposed "Where?" I asked, I looked up to meet his eyes as they were focused on mine. "Its a suprise." He chuckled. Y/n dragged me to his car and drove away from his apartment.

Both of his hands on the wheel as he checks the GPS, I looked out of the window seeing there's still a lot of people out when it's almost midnight. My tears were now almost dry. A few minutes later, I felt the car stop and hear Y/n unbuckling his seatbelt. I unbuckled mine also as Y/n opened the door for me, helping me to get out of the car. "Where are we?" I asked, "Don't you remember? We loved this place since we were teenagers, Ning." Y/n laughed as we walked to the door. He opened it as I saw the restaurant was still filled with customers. Y/n found us seats and we both ordered our food. "I'm surprised this place is still up." I chuckled lightly as Y/n did too. "Wanna have a chat with me about the whole you know who thing?" He asked while I sighed, getting ready to explain everything to him.

"I saw them at the park today, happily holding hands.. I thought it was just you know.. a friendly thing..? But it was definitely not just a friendly thing when the guy pulled a ring from his jacket's pocket. Zhongli accepted the ring, putting on his finger, I don't know what happened next, I just ran out of there and went to your apartment." I ranted until our food came, "How do you know it's just a.. promise ring? I mean, those exist right?" Y/n said "It's wasn't on his pinky Y/n. It was definitely somewhere else." I told him while cutting my food and not looking at him in the eye. "Well, what do you say about us going somewhere else later?" He proposed once again. "If you keep proposing plans like that for a long time Y/n maybe I'll end up with an engagement ring from you." I laughed while Y/n stayed quiet. "Wai-Wait your not going to propose are you?" I asked him, worried "No! Why would you think that?" He chuckled as he ate his food.

"Would it be a bad idea though?" He said "Huh?!" I replied "I'm kidding! Or am I?" He said before laughing at me. "Not funny." I stated, having a small little grin on my face. The whole time we were in that restaurant was filled with random chatter and quick laughs, he is my best friend after all.

After we were done, we got in the car and drove to an empty parking lot. I suggested the place so I can just hang out with him without the weepy stuff. "Why the hell did you ask for us to go to an empty parking lot? It's giving horror movies Ning." Y/n said while he looked out, paranoid. I laughed at his behavior before going to the backseats and pulling them down, thankfully his car was a 7-seater just enough to act as a bed. "What are you doing?" He asked, "Since you said it was giving horror movie vibes, we are watching horror movies now." I laughed "No!!" He complained as his eyes were shut. "Come on you baby I'm done with the 'bed'" I informed him as he went to the backseats the same way I did. I opened my laptop and chose a movie, the one Y/n hated watching cause it was scary, 'Halloween'. "Stop..." He groaned, frustrated while I laughed at him, I wrapped the blanket on the both of us as I held up the laptop on my thighs leaning on the doors while I placed my head on his shoulder. "Why couldn't we just watch this at my apartment Ning?" "I didn't want to." I replied, grinning at my answer knowing empty parking lots scared the shit out of  him.

We watched the movie until we were half-asleep. When the movie finally ended Y/n said, "We should probably go home now, it's literally 1:30AM right now." "Mhm, can you drive later, we're really in a good position for me to sleep right now." I chuckled as he didn't move an inch.

.

.

.

I hear a seatbelt buckling as the car started while music started playing. I opened my eyes slowly looking at Y/n driving and I was already in the passenger seat. He drove at fast pace as it was just mere minutes until we arrived at my apartment's parking lot. I recognized a familiar car. Zhongli's car. Zhongli was leaning on the hood of his car with.. flowers? "Great. He's here." Y/n's voice had changed. He looked over to me seeing me wide awake. "Are you ready?" He asked as I nodded. He got out of the car as Zhongli saw him and later, me. Y/n opened the door as I got up looking at Zhongli in the eye. "Ning!" He yelled happily while I stumbled over my steps. Hearing Y/n close the car door and walking to my side. "What are you doing here?" I asked Zhongli "Nothing, just wanted to.. visit you." He answered while I quickly knew he was nervous. "Y/n can you go to my apartment and get me some clothes to last atleast four days?" I whispered as Zhongli watched our interaction.

"What were you doing with him? I stayed here for over an hour Ning, what the hell did you guys do?" Zhongli asked "We just went to get away from your shit Li, your shit like accepting a ring from a guy and kissing him in the park, I mean? That's pretty valid to get away from." I told him while he looked rather shocked for me to have known that. "How did you?-" "You were in the park Li! It's a pretty public place." I cut him off as I saw a glimpse of Y/n with a suitcase in the corner of my eye. "I'm so sorry Ning! I didn't mean to!-" "Didn't mean to?! What the hell didn't you mean Zhongli?! The ring?! Or the guy you were cheating me with!" I yelled as it echoed through the parking lot "I didn't mean anything! Okay?! It was just a mistake!" "A mistake?! Well! You can tell that to your little bitch boy and see what he thinks when he knows he was just something on the side!" Y/n finally approached us and dragged me away from him. "Where are you going? Ning, I told you I'm sorry already, just.." His voice seemed to blur as we entered the car. I felt my head becoming dizzier. "You okay? What happened back there Ning?" Y/n asked "Just.. I don't know... I was angry, Or sad, I didn't know how to feel from that." I stumbled over my words as I felt tears going down my face once again.

"Let's just go to my apartment and figure things out there, alright?" Y/n compromised "Yeah... Sure." I answered.

Ending this here cause 1285 words is more than enough for a oneshot sorry if it doesn't make sense but I was rushing