Chapter Sixteen

I opened my eyes but closed quickly because of the bright light. But opened again adjusting to the light, looking around I felt I'm in a room.
Comfy bed, soft blanket on me and medicine smell?

I looked around again and I'm in hospital. That's why I felt comfortable here. Laying back down remembering everything back hit my mind. Neil.

I urged to sit up, only to stop by Akshu. "Aaru! Careful." Then Akshu helped me to sit properly and carefully.

She was saying somethings to me, but I didn't hear them. My eyes were looking for Neil and mind thinking about him. Realizing I'm not hearing her, "Kya socha rahe ho?"

"Woh Neil kaha? Theek hai na?" I asked her straight forwardly. She smiled a little saying, "His fine. Nothing happened to him, relax Aaru."

After hearing it only, I felt more peace. Chamgadar is fine. I closed my eyes and exhaled the breathe I was holding.

After a silent of moment, I asked Akshu about yesterday, "Akshu, what happened after I collapsed?"

Akshu look up at Aaru but she was in same place, laying her head back with her closed eyes waiting for Akshu answer.

Where else, Akshu was gathering correct words and thinking how to tell her briefly. "Akshu?" Now, Aaru opened her eyes and looked straight into Akshu's eyes.

Akshu took a deep breathe and explained,

Flashback

After shouting Neil's name to warn him seeing Veer taking out a gun, Aarohi fainted due to the exhaustion. The moment, all their attention turn to Aarohi, detective Sameer took it has a chance to save Neil.

He shot Veer correctly at his hand making him drop the gun, and before he can ran he also shot at his knees. Veer fell down not able to run but to cry out his pain.

Author: Payback🥳

Veer: Devil

Author: Not more than you😇 Back to story...

Neil ran towards Aaru who was kept in Akshu's arm.

"Chipkali" he patted on her cheeks trying to wake her up. But it was vain,

"Neil, she's not waking up" Akshu looked at her husband and her devar ji.

"Let's bring her to the hospital" Abhimanyu said and left to start the jeep as Sameer asked them to take it.

"Take the jeep. I will stay here with this scoundrel making sure he doesn't escape."

"You better" Neil's eyes turned dark and gave an unknown dark aura, looking at Veer's unconscious body.

Hearing the jeep horn sound, Neil averted his eyes to Aarohi and it became soft. He lifted Aarohi in bridle style, her head laying on his chest. He carefully put her in the back sit with him, her head on his lap. Soon they reached Birla Hospital.

End of Flashback.

"Oh" that's the only reaction Aarohi gave and laid back again, looking out through the window.

"I will be back" Akshu left her and the room became silent.

'I wish you are here. I want to see you with my own eyes then only I will feel much better.' I wished to God to make this happen.

"Hey" I was shocked to see Neil standing infront of me. "You are here?" Impossible. Did really god granted my wish?

"How are you feeling?" He sat beside me on the chair, he also brought a bouquet.