Chapter Seventeen

Birla House:

Neil was laying on his bed, eyes closed but his mind was still working.

Aarohi

That name always does something to me. Even though we fight every time and get annoyed with each other. I still have a soft spot for her. Not because whatever happened to her even before that I liked her.

But when I see how she behaves with Akshara bhabhi in the early stages. I would get angry at her thinking what kind of sister is she? Soon it all changed. Why? She decided to be a better person, a better sister.

But still, her stubbornness and her pride all is within her. But that's what I like about her, she brings stubborn to achieve her goals and is prideful to be independent. That's her, Aarohi Goenka, Dr. Aarohi Goenka.

I looked at the time to see 1 a.m. Time runs fast. I took my phone and opened contact.

Chipkali🦎✨

Should I call her? What if she doesn't pick up? Nevermind. Dropping my phone to my bedside I looked up blankly. But what if she needs someone now? Shrugging my thoughts, I decided to do what I felt.

.
.
.

The whole day, Aarohi didn't come down. She was upstairs locked herself in her room. Swarna aunty tried to talk and called her down but she said no. Even when her pyarri brother called for dinner, she denied it.

A while later, Neil peeped into Aarohi's room. He came inside through her window and to his luck it was not locked.

Coming in, he couldn't see anything since the room was so dark. Taking out his phone, he switched on the flashlight. He searched for Aarohi but couldn't see her. Having no way he carefully went to the switch and on the light.

When the lights came, he gasped looking around her room. Her room looked like an earthquake occurred. All the things have fallen or been thrown away. Glasses shattered, bedsheets are thrown away, and her books fell. Seeing the condition of the room, my eyes quickly searched for her.

I saw a small body curled like a ball in the corner of the room. My heart broke when I saw her like that. Slowly I moved near her, then I heard her muttering something.

I leaned down slowly not waking her up, I heard her pleading in sleep.

"Please....don't." She was keep saying those words, unknowingly her tears rolled down her cheeks.

'She's having a nightmare I thought to myself. Deciding to wake her up, I shake her slowly.

"Chipkali wake up"

But when the moment I touched her, her pleading stopped, but her breathing went heavier as if she couldn't breathe. My eyes went wide when I saw her having a panic attack.

Not knowing what to do clearly, I just shook her more this time, urging her to wake. Doing it continuously, she woke up but pushed me away. I moved back a little due to the force but my eyes were still on her.

I saw her moving to the corner trying to hide. She was hugging her knees close to her chest, shaking her head trying, like trying to get something out of her mind.

Not able to see her like that, I slowly went towards her, noticing my actions she stopped shaking her head. Then, she just looked at me, straight into my eyes.

"Neil?" She whispered lowly. Her face seemed like a hit reality. She looked around, then at me again.

"Neil" she felt relieved, and the next moment tears started to stream down her cheeks.