🏀10 ⭐️

So this chapter is a bit diff to the other ones, it's gonna give some background about Mark rather than be about Jeno and his friends (so like flashback chapters, I'll mark (hehe) the flashback chapters with this emoji - ⭐️)

Please remember to upvote if you enjoy :)

Mark originally grew up in Canada, he attended most of his school life in Canada but moved to Seoul when he was 16. Which is why none of Jeno's friends really knew him.

When Mark still lived in Canada, he lived with his parents and his older brother Jaehyun. They also were good friends with their neighbours who lived across the street from them, the Suh family, particularly the boys were good friends with the only son Johnny.

As a teenager, Mark didn't think there was a problem and he never planned to move to Korea originally, he wanted to stay in the place where he grew up, he wanted to graduate high school with his childhood friends, go to a uni in America, and eventually get a job in music producing in the Western music industry.

But that all changed one day,

And that change started with Jaehyun.

{Flashback}

It was another Saturday just after New Years and Mark was just chilling in the living room on his laptop playing League of Legends in the evening after finishing up his homework from school (Mark is 15 in this chapter, in the UK he would be starting his GCSE's in high school, Jaehyun and Johnny are 18 just started university ). He heard Jaehyun walk down the stairs and towards the font door of their house.

"Hey Mum, I'm going out for food and we're staying out a bit later so don't worry about making food for me", Jaehyun called out as he was making his way out the house.

"Who with?", their mum called out from the kitchen.

"Doyoung, Yuta and Winwin", Jaehyun replied.

"Oh okay...enjoy", is the last thing Jaehyun had heard before he left the house.

Shortly after he left, their mum emerged from the kitchen and called out to Mark, "Jaehyun's been going out a lot more lately, don't you find that weird? He's usually just always on his computer"

Mark looked up from his game briefly to reply to her,  " I don't think it's weird, I think it's good that he's coming out of his shell a bit to hang out with his friends, it's not like they're new, he's been friends with them for years". Mark looked back down at his laptop and continues to play his game.

His mother frowned slightly at what Mark said. "I don't know what it is but I don't really like those boys that much, I don't think they're good influences to him"

Mark was really surprised to hear this and completely turned his attention away from his game and at his mother. "What do you mean? I love them three, they're so fun to be around and they're really nice to me, they bought me candy when we went to the fun faire before"

" I mean maybe you're too young to understand, maybe you don't see them the way I do", his mother questioned trailing off a bit. She frown a bit but her expressed went unnoticed by Mark.

"They're not into drugs or anything if that's what you mean? They're not sketchy guys" Mark chuckled and looked back down to finish his game. Once he finished the round he closed his laptop and gently placed it on the table next to him going past his mother into the kitchen to have his food.

***********
It was a Thursday and Mark was in his room studying after he came home from school  for his revision sessions for the upcoming weeks of school as he was approaching exam season. He suddenly heard a knock on the front door to his house before he headed downstairs to answer it. His mum was at work so he knew he was the only one in the house to answer as Jaehyun was still at university at it was 4pm.

"Oh hey Johnny what's up?", Mark asked as the tall brunette waved at him from the door.

"Hey Mark, is Jaehyun home yet? He asked me to grab him some snacks from the corner store on my way home from uni", the taller man replied with a plastic bag full of snacks he held up to Mark.

"He's not no but I'll take them for him if you want", Mark chucked whilst looking in the bag after Johnny handed it over to him.

"Yeah that would be great thanks", Johnny replied with a smile.

"Do you wanna come hang for bit, I'm just revising for exams but I don't mind taking a short break for a bit", Mark suggested whilst putting the bag down on the table near him.

"Oh yeah sure, why not", Johnny beamed whilst entering the house after Mark stepped aside for him.

The boys were just chatting after school stuff for a while as Mark was asking the elder for advice about how to revise for his exams and about Johnny's life at university. Mark was really excited to go to university, it was his dream to become a music producer.

Shortly after Jaehyun came home from university classes and was surprised to see Johnny in the living room with Mark as he wasn't expecting him to come over but then remembered he asked the boy to bring over some snacks for him.

"Hey Johnny, how's it going", Jaehyun waved with a smile.

"Yeah man I'm good, how's Doyoung?", Johnny replied with a smirk whilst wiggling his eyebrows at him.

"Huh?", Mark questioned out of confusion.

Jaehyun's eyes widened and he gave Johnny a look that Mark missed but Johnny seemed to understand before quickly adding "and Winwin and Yuta?"

" Oh yeah, how are they doing?", Mark added after reaching for a snack in the bag Johnny brought.

"They're doing okay, Winwin is getting a bit stressed about exams though but we're all helping each other revise as much as possible", Jaehyun replied sitting down and also taking a snack out of the bag, he picked up a box of strawberry pockys.

The boys all chatted together a bit longer until their mother came home from work about an hour later, it was around 5:30pm. Their mother greeted Johnny and asked if he was staying for dinner but he told them he'd be heading back home as his mother was already making food for him. He said goodbye Jaehyun and Mark before leaving the house.

After the boys had finished their dinner, they exited the kitchen and Jaehyun went over to grab the back of snacks Johnny brought over to take them back to his room before Mark spoke up, "what did Johnny mean when he asked about Doyoung? Is he injured, is he okay?"

Upon hearing Doyoung's name, his mother popped her head out of the kitchen and gave Jaehyun a glare that Mark didn't see as he had his back turned to her. "Uh yeah haha he's alright, he's not injured, he's just as stressed as Winwin about exams", Jaehyun tried to reply back calmly as he still felt their mother looking at him. He knows he couldn't be angry at Mark for asking about his friend with their mum nearby but he knew Mark didn't know not to talk about his friends with their mum around, he didn't know why she didn't like them but Jaehyun had a feeling he knew why.

He knew he was going to have to tell her eventually or if she somehow found out first...and this is what he dreaded the most.

A/n- so this is the first part about Mark's past, I'm gonna put a few more chaps like this in so you understand about his character better and the relevance of Johnny and Jaehyun later in the story.

Idk when the next update will be as it will go back to a normal chapter of the present time but I hope you stick around for it!

Until next time,
~Glittersparklerenjun :)