🏀 2

Hope you like it~♡

_____________________

"So Jeno! Got any plans for the weekend?" The brown haired boy interrupted Jaemin whilst glaring at him before looking at Jeno which snapped Jeno out of his thoughts.

"Oh, uh not really asides from work, I got the house to myself again so if any of you want to come over tomorrow evening you can" Jeno answered with a small smile.

Haechan gave his best friend a sad smile. He knows how much Jeno hated being home alone. He is determined to change that, and he has an idea how.

After saying goodbye to his friends after school ended, Jeno made his way over to the pet shop where he worked to start his shift for the day.

He pushed the door open to be greeted by a stood up messy haired looking Mark who had his head on the counter by the till, hands clutching his head.

"Yo Mark, what's gotten you in this state? Girl problems?" Jeno smirked knowing that Mark always gets flustered at his teasing. Mark has never said he's gay to Jeno but his gaydar is never wrong, although he could be bi... Jeno isn't 100% this time so he's thinking he needs to upgrade his gaydar at some point.

"Wha? But I don't like any gir- ANYWAY a customer came by earlier and said they wanted to collect a cat in a few minutes but I CAN'T FIND THE CAT", Mark complained messing up his hair even more.

"Jeez Mark, how'd you lose a cat? They're suppose to be kept in the cat room", Jeno laughed (I don't know how pet shops work, okay 😂)

"Well it was in the cat room and now it's not" Mark whined, Jeno laughed at his childishness and went to the cat room in attempt to find the missing cat.

Jeno made his way to the room that was full of cats running around and stood by the door realising he didn't know what the cat looked like. They didn't want to keep the cats in cages as they wanted to cats to be comfortable with their environment and with the other cats.

Jeno turned behind his to call to Mark, "So uh, What did this cat look like? Ya know, so I can actually start looking for it?" Jeno chuckled.

"Oh it's small, got golden skin, short hair, cute little ears...and looks friendly" Mark furrowed his eyebrows trying to remember the cat the customer pointed at and signed the paperwork for. (Idek what kind of cat I'm describing, I don't know cat breeds 😂)

"And looks friendly? Thanks Mark, such a great description to narrow down one friendly cat to the lot of them in this room", Jeno sarcastically commented. "Come here small kitten with golden skin, short hair, cute little ears and friendly looking" he started making cooing sounds at the cats to get their attention.

"SHUT UP JENO, and just start looking", Mark yelled frustrated he really needed to find this cat before the customer came back.

Too late

They heard the familiar sound of the bell above the door signalling someone had entered the shop and as it was a quiet Friday evening, they both knew it was the customer who bought the cat they were still looking for.

"Uh, I'll keep looking for the cat as you're so useless and you answer the customer as you tended to them earlier", Jeno suggested and continued his job whilst Mark panicked and made his way to the front room to speak to the women at the counter.

" Uh, hello Ma'am, are you here to collect the cat?, Mark enquired looking through the paperwork and stamping it to show that she's completed the forms to take the cat home.

"I am, sorry to be back so early, my son's very eager to finally have a cat after visiting his friend's house so many times and playing with their cats", the woman smiled and Mark couldn't help but chuckle too.