Four

Olivia

"Hey," I sighed softly as I walked into my husband's office. He held his finger up, and I went silent. I waited until he was done with his call before speaking again.

"Hey, babe. What's up?" He spoke.

"The kids' school just called. The boys all got into fights today, so I need to pick them up. Is that okay, or should I call your mother?" I questioned.

Elliot leaned back in his chair and scrubbed his hands down his face. We were all exhausted, and it was only day two of our kidnapping case. The last thing we needed was three little criminals at home for a few days until they cool down.

"No, it's okay. You can go get them, and I'll ask Lucy to watch them. We need all hands on for this case, and you are the best we have."

"You may be biased, love. I am sleeping with you," I smiled. Elliot cracked a smile before standing up and walking to me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and tugged me close.

"Go get the kids, make sure Lucy has them under control, take a shower, and then come back. Sound good?"

"An actual shower sounds amazing. I love you, El. I'll try to be back in a few hours," I spoke. I leaned in and pecked my husband's lips a few times.

///

When I got to the school, my three troublemakers were sitting side by side. Jacob had a black eye, Tobias's lip was swollen and bleeding, and Jasper had a bloody nose. I stopped in front of them and looked at each of them, before sighing.

"Should I see the other boys?" I mused, and Jacob sighed softly.

"There aren't other ones, Mama."

"Excuse me? Did you three do this to each other?" I questioned, my eyes wide.

"Mama-" Toby started, but I stopped him with a raise hand.

"Tobias, Jacob, and Jasper. I am very disappointed in all three of you. Until I get back, don't talk to each other. Don't even touch each other. Do you understand me?" I questioned as I looked at my children.

"Yes, Mama," my boys said in unison. I shook my head and stepped into the front office, as the principal came out of his office.

"Ah, Mrs. Stabler. Please join me in my office, okay?" He spoke, and I nodded.

I followed the older man into his office, and we sat across from each other. He didn't look impressed, but I wasn't either. My sons had just fought each other recently, and Elliot and I didn't know why.

"Mrs. Stabler, the outside aid had to break up the fight between Tobias, Jasper, and Jacob. It was during lunch recess, and they were yelling and beating each other up on the baseball field," Mr. Davis spoke.

"They informed me they got hurt by each other. Not other students."

"We don't allow violence in our school, Mrs. Stabler. Not even between siblings. Now, we know things may be difficult with your job and the amount of children you have, but-"

"Okay, I know that my husband and I work long hours, but we spend all of our free time with the kids. If we can't be there, my eldest or mother-in-law are in charge and put out little fires when they spark. The amount of children that my husband and I have isn't the problem. Something is just happening between the boys, and we will figure it out."

"You better, Mrs. Stabler. One more incident like this... it will force me to expel your boys. You will have to send them to another school," Mr. Davis frowned.

I nodded slowly before standing.

"How long are they suspended for?"

"Till Monday. Please get things figured out before then, because I'd like to see you at school functions, not for fights."

I gave him a nod before leaving his room. I walked to the front desk, signed my boys out, before walking out the door. My sons all stood when they saw me, and I pointed towards the front door.

"Mama-" Jacob started.

"No, Jacob. I love you three a lot, but I'm angry right now. So please go out to the SUV, and we will talk about this later. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Mama."

///

Bernie came over to watch the boys and to spend the night with the kids since Lucy was busy. I was honestly so angry, but I had things to do at work and couldn't let it get in my way. I went to back to work and went straight into Elliot's office. He was busy eating lunch, and he gave him an awkward smile when I entered.

"You won't be smiling once I tell you what is happening."

"Liv..."

"Our three lovely boys beat each other up."

"Huh?" Elliot questioned.

"Toby has a fat lip that cracked and was bleeding, Jasper had a bloody nose, and Jacob ended up with a black eye. They hurt each other, and if it happens again, we will have to find a new school to send them all too," I frowned. Elliot closed his eyes and sighed deeply.

"Can't things ever be easy for us?" Elliot asked, and I laughed softly and shook my head.

"Things will never be easy for us, El. From the beginning of our relationship until now, things always get hard. Things come at us too fast," I sighed, as I walked over to Elliot's desk. I sank down onto the edge. Elliot reached out and stroked my knee before speaking again.

"Once we find this kid, you and I need to take some time and sit down with each kid. Make sure everyone is doing okay and find out why we have fighting in our family when we shouldn't."

I nodded quietly before leaning in and kissing my husband. We kissed for a few moments until Amanda walked in.

"We may have a lead!" She exclaimed.

"What?" Elliot and I asked in unison.

"We may have a lead! So I'm going to steal your lady and go run it. Okay?" Amanda spoke quickly.

"Yes! Take her and find that kid. Before something happens."