Five

Elliot

We found the missing child, and they, luckily, made it home unharmed. My wife was the one to hand deliver them to their parents and came back with an exhausted smile on her face. She lives to reunite families after trauma, and she just did that.

By the time we got home, the kids were already back at school and we had forgotten about the fight for the moment. Especially since we got another case the next day.

"You look like crap," I frowned as I joined my wife in our bedroom. This was the first week that we have been able to sleep in our bed every night and eat dinner with our kiddos.

"Awe, I love you too," my wife grumbled as she raked her fingers through her messy brown hair. 

"Are you feeling okay?" I questioned, and Olivia shook her head. She looked exhausted, and was fighting off tears as she padded towards our bed.

"N-no. I feel disgusting, and I wish I didn't. I want to come home from work and enjoy our evenings with the kids, but I can't because I feel like throwing up," she whimpered. As I reached for her arm, I frowned deeply. I pulled her close and peppered her hair with kisses.

"Take tomorrow off and get some rest. Maybe you are just overly exhausted and-"

"Pregnant."

I drew in a sharp breath as I thought about what my wife had said.

"Liv..."

"I'm pregnant, Elliot. I feel how I did when I was having the boys. Just completely exhausted, sick to my stomach, and achy. My head feels like it may explode," Olivia explained as she stepped away from me. 

"This is unexpected, Liv. I thought we were done after Toby and Jasper."

"Yeah, well, I thought so too. But guess what, Stabler? You did it again. This time it better not be twins."

///

The next morning, I was still shocked by the fact my wife was pregnant again. She had been certain that after going through a hard pregnancy and a c-section, that she didn't want anymore kids, and I was there with her. I had seen her go through all that pain, and I didn't want to have her experience it again.

"Elliot Stabler!" my wife yelled. I had been staring at myself in the mirror, completely zoned out on what was happening.

"Yeah?" I yelled back. 

"Get down here, now!" Olivia yelled. 

I quickly wiped the shaving cream from my face before racing downstairs. When I reached the landing, my wife was holding Jacob back, while Maureen and Kathleen each held back one twin. Lilly was standing in the corner crying, and I didn't hear any of this going down.

"What the hell is happening?!" I demanded, as Olivia changed her grip on Jacob as he tried to go after his younger brothers.

"I hate them!" He screamed.

"Excuse me?!" I demanded, as I rushed to him. I picked him up and carried him to the side as Olivia went to comfort our daughter.

"I hate them! I wish Mama never had them," He yelled, before going to lunge again. This time I swung open the back door and tossed him outside. He landed on his feet and let out an angry huff.

"Jacob-"

"Don't, Daddy. Leave me alone."

"You don't get to act like this, Jacob. Tell me what the fuck is happening before you end up grounded... again," I sighed.

Since the big fight a few months ago, there had been little fist fighting. But this morning changed things. I saw blood on my son's nose and his fist had bruises on the small knuckles.

"They are giant babies! Also whining and hogging Mama! She's my Mama too, Daddy! Then Toby made fun of my hair! I can't help that it's not dark!" Jacob huffed.

The fight may seem petty, but it was far from that. When Olivia had been pregnant with the twins, she ended up being so busy that Jacob ended up not getting nearly as much time with her as before. Olivia tried her hardest to give the kids all personal time with her, but that fizzled off quicker than expected as the twins got older.

"Jacob, they are younger than you. I know that fighting shouldn't be happening, and they shouldn't be making fun of you... but don't hit them. You could hurt them. And I promise you that Mama and I will have this same conversation with Toby and Jasper. Until then, just stay out here and calm down."

"Why couldn't Mama have had me like she had them? I know that I had another mom, but she wasn't nearly as good as Mama!" Jacob exclaimed. I frowned before pulling my son close. I kissed his hair, before holding him tightly in my arms.

///

When I went back inside, Lilly, Maureen, and Kathleen were eating breakfast. Olivia was standing in front of the twins as they crossed their arms over their tiny chests and kneaded their eyebrows together. They had the same angry expression on their face that my wife gets sometimes.

"Liv, can we talk?" I asked, and she nodded slowly.

"You two need to go into the kitchen and eat your breakfast. Do not touch or talk to each other. Do you understand?" Olivia warned.

"Mama-" Jasper started, his lisp very clear.

"No, Jasper. Don't try to sweet talk your way out of this. Get."

I watched as my sons wandered into the kitchen before looking to see Jacob watching us from the sliding door.

"Toby made fun of Jacob for his hair being lighter, and Jacob doesn't like that the boys are obsessed with you."

"El, they are the babies... well, for now. But I try to spread my time evenly between all the kids. I'm just stressed."

I nodded slowly before grabbing my wife. 

"We need to figure things out, Liv. Soon. Before things get more difficult."