Chapter 2 (Season 1)

Y/n's Pov

After dropping Robin off I drove as fast as I could to Jonathan's house. He was really starting to worry me, he never went dark on me, not like this. It was weird. He is one of my best friends, he tells me everything, something has to be wrong. It's one of the only times he doesn't take to me unless I get it out of him. I finally pull up to his house to see both his car and his mum's outside. So he should be home if both cars are out the front. Unless he went out for a walk. I quickly get out of the car and run up to the front door, knocking rapidly. The door swings open as soon as I stop and Johnathan stands on the other side looking wild as if he was waiting for someone to get there. He sees it's me his face deflates.

"Well hello to you too. What's wrong? What happened to you? You weren't at school today? You didn't even let me know this morning you wouldn't be there," I quickly rant before walking into his house, not waiting to be invited in. I never was invited in anymore, I could've gotten the key I have and opened the door instead of knocking. I hear him let out a sign but I continue towards the couch, waiting for him to open up to me. "Will is missing," Johnathan lets out as he turns to me. I turn around to him surprised. "Wait what? Since when? I just saw him yesterday when I dropped off Dustin, what happened?" I ask confused. He was there at Dnd, surely he would've still made it home. "He didn't come home last night. Mum went to Hopper but no one seems to really care, just thinking we're crazy. Saying he may have run off to our dad but it's Will. He wouldn't do that," Johnathan says as he sits down next to me. "I should've picked him up, shouldn't have picked up another shift. Why didn't I pick him up?" He whispers to himself. I put my arm around him and pull him into me. "Hey no, it's not your fault. He's made the trip home from the Wheelers lots of times before. There was no reason to believe this would happen when it hasn't before. Will's a smart kid, I'm sure he's ok," I say to him rubbing his back. We stay like that for a bit. I hated to see Johnathan like this. He always put too much pressure on himself when it came to his family but this could break him. He loved his brother like no one else, with him missing he'd go down a dark path.

It's then that I start to form an idea to maybe help a little. "How about this, I'm doing nothing tomorrow night, if Will isn't home today or tomorrow, we'll go into the woods around where he heads home and look for any clues that could help us find him. The police may not think this is serious, but I do," I feel him nod his head when Joyce walks in from the kitchen. She sees us on the couch and gives us a sad smile. "Hey y/n, good to see you." "Same Joyce, wish it was under a better situation," I say to her. She nods her head and just goes back to the kitchen. Weird, wonder what she was gonna say. I look down at Johnathan to see him looking at the door. "I'm gonna head home now to get some stuff ready for tomorrow night, I'll have a quick look around for Will on the way through. Start the search a little early," I whisper to him. He nods his head and gets off me. He just sits there as I get up. "I'll be back tomorrow ok? I'll also get your homework for all your classes as well," I ask and he nods his head. I don't wanna leave him like this but if I go home I can help so much more. I nod back at him and make my way to my car.

Will had become more of a brother to me since I'd been friends with Johnathan. It did help that Will and Dustin were also friends so I could help a little when it came to that as well. Wait that's it, Dustin!! I quickly get into my car and start it to make my way over to the Wheeler's house. It was weird going there as I am the same age as Nancy but it made sense to look there. The boys hang out almost every day after school and on the weekends. Almost every time they are at the Wheeler's house. Hopefully, Nancy isn't the one to open the door. I do not need to deal with her right now. I didn't know why but Nancy hated me for some reason. I don't believe it has anything to do with Steve as no one knew we use to be friends but yeah, she still hates me for some reason. I knew where the Wheeler's house was only because I had a habit of dropping Dustin off for his Dnd games. God, I miss playing Dnd with Eddie. They were one of the best times.