Chapter 47 (Season 3/4)

Y/n's pov

After an eventful night of hanging out, I get Lucas, Dustin and Mike into my car and we head over to Eddie's house. "So, who is this guy?" Dustin questions after a while. I sigh and tell them, "He's someone I know at school. He runs a Dnd club and will normally look out for anyone that is lost. I just thought he'd be a good idea for you all, considering you didn't have it great at primary school and this could be a chance to at least have someone older to look out for you." I look over to Dustin and at the two in the back, all of them looking at each other questioning. "What is it?" I ask them. "Why can't we just hang out with you? We'd be safer, you do have a nail bat in your boot," Lucas asks as I pull into the trailer park entrance. I take a deep breath and think about what I could say. I pull up to Eddie's trailer, cut off the engine and turn to all of the boys. "Look, I would love for all of you to hang out and talk to me at school. But Hawkins isn't nice to anyone that isn't normal. I wasn't liked before this info comes out about me but after it does, everyone will hate me or worse. People are scared of Eddie, like they were of me, but Eddie is able to use that to protect his people, even just a little bit. So let me do this, let me try to look out for you all," I explain, needing the boys to understand me. They all look at each other, seeming to try and figure out if what I'm saying is right and makes sense. "Ok, we'll do it. But as soon as we can talk to you again, let us know," Dustin says. I nod and open the car door. "Sounds good. Now, let's go see if Eddie is in a good mood to deal with all this."

I jump out of my car and look at the front door of the Munson trailer. It really hasn't changed over the years. It was a little more rundown than what it used to be, but it still looked like my other home. I take a breath while the boys are getting out of my car and walk over to the door. I walk up the few stairs and knock as loudly and quickly as I could, something that Steve, Eddie and I had come up with when we were younger. The boys all stand behind me while we wait for someone to come to the door. I can hear shuffling somewhere in the trailer and step one step down so I don't get hit in the face. The door quickly swings open, and Eddie Munson stands on the other smile. My eyes quickly trail over him, almost trying to make sure he's ok. He's wearing an old Metallica shirt, one I think I got him too big so he could always have it, some shorts and his hair was all over the place, somehow messier than normal.

"What the hell do you want L/n?" Eddie snaps at me, staring daggers at me. "What the hell?" I hear Dustin whisper, but I put a hand out to stop him from saying anything further. "I want to cash in a favour," I tell him, stepping up a little. Eddie looks confused but laughs at me. "Why the hell would I do you a favour?" He asks. I look past him a little, his eyes following me. "You still owe me one from when you broke one of Wayne's mugs," I tell him, smiling a little bit. He looks back at me surprised and whispers, "You remember that?" I smile at him sweetly and say, "I remember everything." Dustin laughs behind me and says, "She really doesn't. Couldn't remember how to kill a ghost last night." My face turns downwards, and I kick my leg back into Dustin's shin. "Shit! Ow!" I hear Dustin yell, but I don't turn to look at him. Eddie smiles a little, his genuine smile and asks, "What is it that you need? I'm pretty busy right now."

"I need you to look after these three boys this year. Let them into Hellfire," I explain to him, giving him slight puppy dog eyes. "Why would I do that? I don't even know them, or you," Eddie says, whispering the last part for just us. I look down at the ground and whisper, "Some things are going to be spreading around the school this year. Most people probably already know. I can't be there for them this year. I'm asking you to be. They're lost sheep, they need someone to look out for them." I don't look up at Eddie but I can feel him looking down at me with questions. "We can play Dnd. Have been since we were little. Y/n was the one that taught us," Mike explains after a while of silence. I hear Eddie sigh and I look back up at him. He's looking back at the three boys behind me, taking them all in. "Fine L/n. I'll look after these sheep. But they better not course me any trouble," Eddie reasons. I smile up at him and almost throw my arms around him. "Thank you Eddie, you won't regret this!" I exclaim. "Better not," Eddie whispers.

"We'll get out of your hair then. Thanks again," I say, turning back to the boys and pushing them to my car. They all look at Eddie, waiting for something. "Let's go, I need to get to work!" I snap after they stare for too long. This snaps Dustin out of his trance and he smirks up at me. "Do you want to get to work or do you just want to suck face with Steve?" Dustin teases, imitating some kissing sounds. Lucas and Mike laugh at him and start making noises as well. "Get in the dam car or I'm leaving you here to get home yourself," I slightly snap. All of the boys freeze and run over to my car as quickly as they can. I laugh at them and join them, really hoping that Eddie didn't hear what they were saying. I look up at the trailer to find Eddie looking at me curiously. I softly smile and drive out of the trailer park to drop all of the boys to their houses.