Chapter 55 (Season 4)

Y/n's pov

God, I hate school so much. After being with Ms Kelly for so long and the weird interaction with Chrissy, I make the long ass walk to Family Video. I didn't have work like Steve did but it became a thing that we do. During my free, I would make the long ass walk to Family Video and spend my time there until one of us needed to do something else or Steve could go home. It was perfect because none of the boys could get to Family Video because they were still at school and have Hellfire after school so they weren't here to bug us both. As I see the doors of Family Video come into sight, I run over to them as quickly as my legs could take me.

I open the glass door and the little bell goes off, causing Steve to look up from whatever he is reading behind the counter. He looks grumpy up at me but as soon as he notices it's me, a grin spreads across his face. "Hey Gorgeous, fancy seeing you here," He says, grabbing onto my hands as soon as I was close enough. "Hey Handsome, how's work been?" I ask, leaning over the counter and kissing him on the cheek. He laughs and says, "Dustin called me." I look confused and jump onto the counter. "What did he say?" I ask, worried that he told him about what happened with Jason. Steve gives me a confused look but continues, "He needed someone to play Dnd tonight." I laugh and explain, "Yeah, Lucas is playing his game and all of the boys have Hellfire tonight." He nods and looks over to the customer that's in the store before asking, "So, none of them are going to watch Lucas play?" I shrug and say, "It's hard. I think Lucas wants to be different but the boys are happy as they are. They wanna support Lucas but you know how Eddie is when it comes to Dnd, it's very important to him." Steve nods and I slide off the counter as the customer walks over.

I stand off to the side while Steve rents the movie for the person and have a small conversation about the movie. For someone who didn't know movies when he got the job, Steve's definitely gotten a little better. Wait. Didn't Steve want to tell me something on our date? Maybe I could get him to talk about it after this customer. The bell rings at the front and I look up to see the guy walking out of the store. I turn back to Steve and give him my best smile. He looks a little scared and asks, "What do you want?" "What did you want to tell me?" I ask, leaning a little further over the counter. Steve looks shocked down and me and looks around the store to see if anyone else is hiding around. "No one is here. You can tell me," I try. "If I tell you what I want to tell you, you have to tell me what happened at school," Steve bargains. I groan and lay my head on the counter.

"Jason tried to get with me again. He grabbed my arm and pulled me in close by the waist. I may have punched him, hence the red hand, and that caused him to push me against the wall. I banged my head against it so that still hurts as well but I'm okay now, I've got you," I blurt out, missing all of the parts about Eddie and the further mental and physical injuries that Jason caused. Steve looks at me with so much concern and worry and moves me over to him. "Are you sure you're okay? Should I drive you home?" He frets, moving his hands all over me to make sure I wasn't worse than I was saying. I laugh at him and grab onto his moving hands. "I'm okay Stevie. Robin got me out of there as soon as she could. Nothing to fret over," I try to calm him down. For some reason that seemed to work and he takes a deep breath in to calm himself.

We stand like that for a little bit. Steve runs his hands through my hair and over my arms over and over. I smile up at him, trying to keep him calm and encourage him to tell me whatever he needs. "I kissed Eddie," Steve whispers so quietly that I almost miss it altogether. "What? When?" I ask, pulling back a little bit. When the hell was Steve and Eddie alone? They can't stand each other when someone else is around, how'd they do it alone? Steve tries to pull further away from me, probably thinking I was mad at him. I tighten my hands around him and pull him close. "Steve?" I ask, looking up into his eyes, watching water slowly fill them. "It was that day he run out of the store. I went to his place after work to make sure he was ok and to apologize for everything that I've done. I did that, and I was looking at him and all I could think about was kissing him. Then I was kissing him and then I started to push him into the couch. I snapped out of it when he moaned and I realised what I'd done. I run away again Y/n," He rushes out, trying so hard to hold back his tears. I brush away a stray and kiss him on the cheek for comfort.