Chapter Three

Leif closed the door to her bedroom behind him. Lex was leaning against the wall across from him, not giving so much as hint what he was thinking, but Leif knew Lex was itching to say something.

"She's asleep." Leif's tone was cold and aggressive. He made no effort to stop and chat as he headed downstairs. Lex silently followed, his arms dropping to his side. Lex was dressed for battle today, so it seemed. His famous black hood half settled on slightly damp hair, his mask resting at the nape of his neck. Daggers sheathed beside him.

"Leif." he cleared his throat, doing his best to take a calm approach.

"Leif." Leif continued to ignore him, till Lex grabbed a hold on the sleeve of Leif's white fitted tee.

"What?!" he snapped, shoving Lex's hands away.

"We need to talk–"

"You sound like a broken record my friend." Leif's tone was anything but friendly.

"What are you playing at man? if you want help with training I can–"

"Na, I'm good." Leif held a grudge. He was pissed at Lex for the one thing that mattered to the both of them. The one person they both yearned for. Elora Greyson.

"Stay away from her." He added, snatching his coat off the rack and slipping his arms through the holes.

"Will I fuck. I don't give two shits about what it is you want, not anymore. Don't forget how badly you treated her in the beginning. You didn't so much as acknowledge the way she felt about you, and then you blame me for sleeping with her, ignoring the fact that she wanted to go to bed with me." He followed Leif out into the front.

"You can't be so hot and cold all the gods damn time, not with her. You either want her, or you don't but you can't expect her, or me to just switch off our feelings in consideration of yours. I tried to be the good guy Leif. I really did, I didn't want to do this to you, I didn't want to get in the way of the fucking precious mating bond but shes human Leif. Elora isn't like us, its different for her and I hate that this has come in between us, but you need to fucking grow up. She needs us, both of us."

"I know." he paused in his tracks, closing his eyes for a brief second to compose himself. He wished that it could be easy enough for him to say 'okay Lex, I get it' and let it be, because whatever was going to happen with whatever this was with them two, would happen, it would play out however it was going to play out and Leif had no control over it.

"I'm sorry it hurts you. But I'm not sorry for caring, I'll never be sorry for loving her."

Leif turned around, running his tongue along his bottom lip and watching the expression on Lex's face, he's serious. Leif didn't need to look at him for confirmation, his feelings were obvious.

"I just don't get it." Leif shrugged. "I don't understand, it's just like a curse my friend. I find my mate after thousands of years walking this earth cursed and unable, and gods, she is beautiful and she is so fucking strong dispite her own disbelif in that and I have to share her with you?" Leif's eyes glistened with mischief, though not the playful kind. The kind where he wanted to throw fists.

"I don't know what you want from me, Leif. You tell me to stay away from her, but how do you expect me to push her away? You feel the same way, are you telling me that if our roles were reversed, you could do what you're asking of me?"

A moment passed.

"That's what I thought. Her choices are her own. You will do well to remember that. She needs us. She doesn't need us throwing shade at each other every waking moment. And you need to learn to control your anger because you're acting like a teenage boy whose mother wouldn't let him eat cake for dinner."