Chapter Nineteen

Sunflower left an hour after that meeting. Alone. Not afraid, not weary, but determined to play the damsel card, praying it would mean something to her biological father. She had known he was looking for her.

She also knew that she had failed her mission once before and refused to fail again, this time there was no Arrow, no Rosalie or Cale, none of the others there to distract her from the plan.

It gave her hope that she could do this, but she also knew that she might very well be locked up in a cell the moment she arrived.

She took several steps towards the institution of Ivar's last known whereabouts. He would come, he had too.

***

"No." Leif grabbed the sleeve of Elora's cardigan.

"You haven't spoken to me in two weeks Leif, you don't get to tell me what to do."

"It might be a trap. Witches and I, we don't have a good history.What's to say it's even her?"

"We have to trust that it is, and if it isn't, well I've been training with Kiera and the others for the last two weeks so I'm sure I'll be fine."

"Elora, the witches are the reason I spent my entire life without my power. Not being able to die. Forced to live as painfully human as possible. You can't trust them, and even if that's her with them, what's to say she isn't under some spell or some shit, Angel, please."

"I have to go with them to the border. If it's Rosalie...please Leif, try to understand the way I feel right now, how Rose might feel. I need to be there for her." Leif sighed, he knew she was right.

"I know it's her, Leif. Come with me." He linked his hand with hers and the couple walked out of the tent towards the main tent, where Kiera was waiting with Erik, Sunny and Arrow.

"Come on then E, let's go get our girl." Arrow linked his arm with hers. Leif, in a sulk, fell into step behind them.

When they got to the outskirts of the camp, a black sedan was parked up, a women with chocolate skin and the most piercing silver eyes, her hair wavy and cascading down her back stopping just shy of her tailbone hopped off the bonnet.

She didn't give away how she was feeling, her features remained neutral as she approached Kiera.

"My name is Annie, high priestess of the Moonlight Coven. We have the girl you are looking for." Another woman stepped out of the car, so pale, claw marks across her face as if she had been clawed up by a big animal such as a bear. Her short blonde bob swayed with the wind, her long teal skirt following.

"Leha," Annie nodded to the blonde one. Leha opened the car door, Rosalie, hands cradling her stomach, climbed out.

"Rosalie!" Elora gasped. She couldn't move, she didn't want to ambush her best friend, or frighten her, but even if she had wanted to go in for a never ending hug, she was frozen in place.

"Elora,"Rosalie broke the silence, running to her best friend, feeling so incredibly happy to see the face of the one person she had been avoiding.

Rosalie sobbed in her arms, Elora's cries blending with hers.

"I missed you so much." Rosalie pulled away, wiping the tears from her eyes with the sleeve of her baggy black hoodie. She had so much to tell Elora.

"I'm here." Elora held her hands in hers.

"You're here..." She let out a strangled cry.

Everything going on around them was blocked out by the sobbing sisters.

They didn't care for whatever was being said, only that they had been reunited, that they were here, together again.

Elora took Rosalie back to the camp, to the tent she shared with Leif and Lex. Alone.

"I have something I need to tell you." Rosalie's hands found the hem of her hoodie, she runched it up in her hands and lifted the fabric, revealing the baby bump she had managed to keep hidden until now.

"Oh my god." Elora blinked.

"I'm sorry I left. I know it hurt. Believe me, it hurt me as much as it hurt you. But I found out I was pregnant around the time of the funeral and my grief, it was so painful, Elora. I couldn't cope. I've been keeping the one piece of I have left to myself, because I'm terrified of this, of this baby, of something happening. I was trying to..."

"You were looking for someone powerful enough to bring him back, Rosalie. I know. We all know. I miss him so much every single day, but we can't...you can't..." Elora shook her head.

"I don't want to talk about that right now, I just needed you to know that Cale has a daughter. Or will have in about 4 months."

"A girl?" Elora wiped her eyes.

Rosalie nodded. "Yeah. Evie. Cale once told me if he ever had a daughter, he wanted to call her Evie."

"I love it. I've missed you."

"And I you. So, best friend, what is going on with you and Leif? The tension is practically seeping from his pores..." Elora began to tell her everything, everything that had happened since they last saw each other.

They stayed like that for a while, Elora hadn't known they'd fallen asleep until Leif was shaking her awake. It was dark outside so she knew it had been a few hours.

"I'm sorry, my angel, I am. Forgive me?" He placed a single red rose in her awaking hands. He had picked it from the bushes nearby, dethorned it and brought it straight to her.

"No more fighting." She spoke quietly, not wanting to wake Rosalie who was asleep on the bedroll, one arm thrown across her stomach the other behind Elora's pillow.

"No more fighting." He kissed her briefly.

"Wanna wake her for some food?" he asked quilty, gesturing with his head.

"No, let her sleep. I'll steal her something from the dining tent."