Chapter Eleven

"Maybe you should stay home today." Lex whispered into her ear after leaning down to peck her on the cheek, before grabbing a slice of toast from her plate and taking a massive bite out of it.

"I'm fine." She swat him away.

"It's okay to be sad, pretty girl. We all have hard days, and with Arrow coming here bearing bad news, it's bound to slap you in the face all over again."

"What is wrong with you?" she pouted, not quite sure how to feel about any of it.

"Everything and nothing at all baby, don't you worry about it," Lex devoured the rest of his stolen breakfast.

"You're being weird."

"No, I'm no different. Why would you say that?" he gripped his chest dramatically, acting wounded.

"No...Lex, what's going on?" he was way too cheery; it almost seemed like a facade.

"I don't want to lie to you. So I didn't tell you. But we've got an update on Rosalie, we think."

Elora pushed away from the island, rising to her feet.

"You think?" her eyes held such desperation. They had tried to find her plenty after...what happened and came up empty every time, what changed?

"Sunflower's mama got word from a local witch coven–"

"Witch coven?!" Elora exclaimed.

"Yes. Gods, woman let me finish. There has been word going around that a woman matching Rosalie's description has been seeking out..." he didn't want to say it, because he knew Elora would freak for so many reasons.

She glared, waiting.

Lex gulped. "Seekingoutnecromancers-" he rushed, fearing Elora's reaction.

"WHAT?"

"For what?" it was a stupid question because the answer was obvious and one she already knew. "No..." she fell to the floor, her mind a whirlwind of thoughts.

Lex joined her.

"Sunny's mother believes that Rosalie is attempting to have Cale brought back. This woman matching Ro's description has apparently approached every coven in the area, and thankfully, for the love of the gods, they just laughed in her face and sent her away." It sounded almost cruel, but bringing people back from the dead was no joke.

It wasn't something taken lightly and it was very, very dangerous, even when successful the person would never be the same again.

It was an act highly frowned upon and the witches outlawed it. Anyone caught resurrecting the dead would be stripped of their powers and shunned from their covens. Lex explained this to Elora.

"I know she lost him too, but even I think that's reckless. He's dead, Lex. Dead, and I have mourned him, I am still mourning him and if she somehow finds a witch willing...I can't Lex, I can't..."

"He wouldn't be the same. I'm so sorry Elora.Not all witches are capable, if she finds the right one, they would never do it for free, and they don't take cash, They take service. Rosalie would be indebted to whomever for as long as the witch decides, and it's never pretty. They're not all cruel and vicious, but the good ones are just as rare to find. I only ever knew one witch powerful enough to do such a thing and she's long dead. Try not to worry, I know it's easier said than done but I'm adamant her attempts will keep failing."

***

Rosalie whimpered, she was cold and her wet clothes clung to her skin. Her head hurt. The headaches had started a while back and she felt sad all the goddamn time.