Chapter- 27

"Power is the core of a secure life. If you don't have any leverage, the higher-ups will not think twice to use you for their own benefits" the wind was chilly and the verdicts sounded like a deeper version of a lullaby which caught the attention of Jungkook. He slightly looked behind at taehyung's peaceful face while controlling the horse's shaft. It was the early morning and they were headed to the capital city earlier than expected

"If we don't involve ourselves in these wars of power, we won't be used" Finally Jungkook replied, head snapped forward but ears stood sharp and focused for taehyung's next words. A small giggle could be heard as taehyung slowly sat behind jungkook and rested his bread cheek on his back "You are so naive Jungkook. Living in a not well-known village where the authority doesn't even care to hold into, it's really easy to live a peaceful life. But the reality exists differently. We need the power to survive"

Jungkook stayed silent this time. He didn't know why taehyung was talking about this matter. Sometimes he can't figure out his fiance at all as if taehyung was an open mystery. You understand but also don't understand.

"How's your wounds Love?" Jungkook softly asked wanting to ignore the confusion within him. "They are healing. I'll be fine Jungkook" taehyung implored with a small smile, back hugging his fiance as close as possible. Nobody knew what was going on inside his mind. His smile dropped as he closed his eyes, clinging more and more onto jeon's warmth. "Sometimes nothing feels fair at all but you will understand everything once everything ends"

Taehyung was acting strange and Jungkook didn't like it at all. The words he has been uttering were so out of context that it was hard to understand their real meaning. But he hopes that the former prince was being poetic nothing else.

The evening has been lost under the black jacket of a not-so-starry night. They finally arrive at the capital but were too lost to do anything. They didn't know a single person other than Jimin. But the thing was that Jimin was a governor, not a simple peasant with whom they could easily meet. After a much more effective stroll, they finally arrived at the royal castle guarded by bulky combatants all over.

"Greetings! How can we have a visit to Sir Park Jimin?" Taehyung asked politely while jungkook stayed back. He just let his fiance do all the talking because assessing that tae was once a royal himself, he knew how to properly act. The guard whom they asked squinted his eyes before scanning both of them with his empty eyes "did you get any token from the visiting post? You are supposed to send them your letter asking for permission"

Taehyung nervously smiled before shaking his head "My apologies, unfortunately, we don't. The matter became too serious for us that we couldn't help but travel here directly"

"then I can't help you. You need permission first"

"Is there any other way?" jungkook asked. Irritation was well written in his tone. "The administration office is closed now. You can come tomorrow with your letterbut it will take days or a weak to get a token"

"But we need to talk to him urgently! Park Jimin knows us! Please just address our names to him that will be en-"

"I'm asking you to leave" one of the duty guard commanded while clutching his sword. Jungkook grew impatient but Taehyung was there to hold his palm calmly "Stay Calm. Let's go. We don't want to create any mess here. We are unarmed Jeon"

It was already night. They needed to sleep, they needed to eat and discuss their plan. Taehyung left a deep sigh as he walked through the crowded town with Jungkook by his side. They both were exhausted and frustrated. Meeting with Jimin seemed far tougher than they thought

"There! A cottage! We can spend the night" Jungkook gently held taehyung's waist who was obviously feeling sick after a long day heavy journey. His wounds were itching to be cleaned. He craved a good shower.  "B-But it will cost a lot Jungkook! If we spend a big amount of money then-"