Vol.1: The Shinning Beacon (Pt.2)

"In this world, wherever there is light - there are also shadows

"In this world, wherever there is light - there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exists, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars, and hatred is born to protect love."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Indra enters Beacon Academy's auditorium, filled to the brim with people.

"Indra! Over here! We saved you a spot!" Serena yells waving to get Indra's attention.

"There's... more people than I thought it would be." Renate say's looking around. "Beacon is the school that everyone wants to go to." Indra says.

"Oh shut up, I know that!" Renate crossed her arms.

"Okay, okay. Let's settle down, there's no need to get all worked up over nothing." Serena calmly says.

"Your lucky we weren't blown off the side of the cliff!!" A familiar annoying voice yells making Indra groan.

"It was an accident. It was an accident!" Ruby says.

Weiss holds up a pamphlet titled "DUST for dummies and other Inadequate Individuals" to Ruby.

"What's this?" Ruby questions.

"The Schnee Dust Company is not responsible for any injuries or damages sustained while operating a Schnee Dust Company Product. Although not mandatory, the Schnee Family highly encourages their customers to read and familiarize themselves with this easy to follow guide to Dust applications and practices in th field." Weiss listed off the policies, going faster and higher pitched with each word.

"Uuhhh....?" Ruby looks at Weiss confused.

"You really wanna start making things up to me?" Weiss asks.

"Absolutely?"

Weiss hands the pamphlet to Ruby. "Read this, and don't ever speak to me again."

"Look, uh, it sounds like you two just got off on the wrong foot. Why don't you start over and try to be friends, okay?" Yang suggests.

"Yeah! Great idea, sis!" Ruby says and hold out her hand as she clears her throat. "Hello, Weiss! I'm Ruby! Wanna hang out? We can go shopping for school supplies!"

"Yeah! And we can paint our nails and try on clothes and talk about cute boys, like tall, blond, and scraggly over there!" Weiss points at Jaune.

"Hm?"

"Wow really!?" Ruby says excitedly.

"No." Weiss glares.

The girls' attention is drawn to the stage, where Professor Ozpin is readying the microphone, with Glynda beside him.

"I'll... keep the brief." Ozpin starts getting Indra's attention.

"You have traveled here today in search of knowledge, to hone your craft and acquire new skills, and when you have finished, you plan to dedicate your life to the protection of the people. But I look amongst you, and all I see is wasted energy, in need of purpose, direction. You assume knowledge will free you of this, but your time at this school will prove that knowledge can only carry you so far. It is up to you to take the first step." As Ozpin leaves, Glynda steps up to the microphone.