Doubts

[middle school kids]

-

"Woah she's pretty." A boy whispered as Tsukishima Slyvee and Miya-Sakusa Atsuki walked through the halls of Sonosaki middle school. Atsuki giggled at a joke from Slyvee as she walked with a bounce in her step. Her black and blonde hair bounced in it's ponytail as she walked with her friend. "Heyyyyy Atsuki." Jacqueline, a resident popular girl, said in a cheery voice. "Oh hi Jacqueline." Atsuki smiled. "Please just call me Jacky." Slyvee stood off to the side watching the two talk. "So what's up?" Atsuki asked. "Our class is having a party and I wanted to invite you." Atsuki smiled brightly. "Sweet! Slyvee and I will be there." Slyvee recognized the faint disgust on Jacqueline's face but said nothing. "Lovely. See you there." Jacqueline smiled and left the two. "You didn't have to tell her I'd be there too." Atsuki smiled. "Nonsense. If there's a party I'm invited to I'm obviously gonna invite you." Atsuki smiled. "But-" Slyvee started. "No buts. You are my best friend Vee and we're inseparable." Atsuki hooked her arm through Slyvee's and the two began walking.

-

"Hey Nyx!" Matsukawa Mitsuko ran over to her friend Miya-Suna Nyx. "Oh hey Mitsu." Nyx smiled. Mitsuko hooked her arm through Nyx's and dragged her down the hall. "Hey are you going to the class party this weekend?" Mitsuko asked. "Am I invited?" Nyx asked. "Well duh of course." Mitsuko smiled as the two got to the gym where their friend group was. "Hi guys!" Komori Mizuki waved. Mitsuko waved and dragged Nyx over to the group. She plopped next to her brother Matsukawa Masato and plopped Nyx next to her. Atsuki waved from her spot next to her brothers Miya-Sakusa Kiyoshi and Miya-Sakusa Atsushi. "Hey are you guys going to the class party this weekend?" Kuguri Himori asked. "Duh." Masato smiled. "Of course!" Iwaizumi Hiroki smiled. Slyvee stayed quiet and bit into their rice ball while pushing their glasses up the bridge of their nose.

"I'm going." Atsuki smiled. "Isn't Jacqueline hosting it?" Aone Aiko asked. "Yeah why?" Atsuki asked. "She's not really the friendliest person." Washio Naomi told her. "Yeah she's a bitch." Yamamoto Ikari added. "Oh come on guys. Maybe she's not as bad as you think." Atsuki smiled, her optimism showing in full. "If you say so." Kuroo Isuma mumbled.

-

Slyvee sighed as the teacher split everyone into groups for a project and as they walked over to their group, one of the girls kicked the chair away. "Whoops." Slyvee rolled their eyes and grabbed the chair before sitting down. The project consisted of a slideshow with ten slides about a historical figure from Japan. Slyvee wanted to do the presentation on Fujita Harumi, a Japanese archeologist, as they were fascinated with their research. "Umm guys-" Slyvee started but the group didn't acknowledge them. "Let's do our presentation on V." Slyvee wanted to face palm. He's not even Japanese he's Korean. "But V isn't Japanese. He's Korean." Slyvee told the girl. "Ah what difference does it make? Japanese Korean. Basically the same thing." Slyvee couldn't believe what they were hearing. What the hell?! No Korean culture and Japanese culture are two different things! Slyvee didn't voice their anger as one of the girls in the group made a slide show and sent to the others.

Slyvee sighed and made their own slideshow for Harumi Fujita. Geez what the hell is with them? Just because both Korea and Japan are part of Asia that doesn't mean they're the same damn thing.

The project took a few days to finish and when it was time to present the teacher looked nine different kinds of disappointed. "Girls V isn't Japanese. He's Korean." The girls looked at the teacher annoyed. "So? What's the problem they're both Asian right?" Slyvee rolled their eyes. "Yeah but they're two different cultures. Also Ms." The teacher looked at Slyvee. "I have my own presentation that I made. Is it alright if I present it? Without my group?" The teacher smiled and nodded. Slyvee's group sat down as Slyvee showed their presentation. "So I made this presentation on the Japanese archeologist Fujita Harumi. She was born in 1954 in Otaru Hokkaido and was raised in Soppo until she was five." Slyvee continued with their presentation smiling. "I chose to do my own presentation on her because she found amazing things dating back forty thousand years and some day I wanna discover something incredible just like she did." The teacher smiled and clapped for Slyvee. "Very well done Slyvee." Slyvee smiled as their group spoke up. "So did we pass?" One of the girls asked.

"Slyvee passed but you did not." The group was stunned. "Why not?!" The same girl yelled. "Because Slyvee did research and payed attention to the instructions. I said a historical figure from Japan. V is not a historical figure nor is he from Japan." The teacher explained. "But Slyvee is in our group. We should all get credit!" Another girl yelled. "No. Slyvee worked hard on this presentation. Why should you all get credit for her hard work?" Well not really a her but I'll let it slide. The group tried to say something but the teacher cut them off. "If you don't do the work you don't get the credit. You don't earn a good grade by piggy backing off of someone else's work. End of story. Slyvee you may be seated." Slyvee walked to their seat and sat down.

-

"Why the hell is Atsuki friends with her?" Slyvee paused hearing their friends name. "I know! She hangs off her like a love sick puppy. Honestly it's pathetic." It was the girls from Slyvee's class. "Right?! Atsuki is so pretty. She could have a boyfriend maybe even someone older. Slyvee is just holding her back." Slyvee leaned their back against the wall. No matter how many times Atsuki tells me I'm her best friend their words still hurt.

[Hmhmhmhmhm. I wonder what Atsuki will have to say about this]