Halloween

[super late but here's something for Halloween featuring Yana and Kiko]

_________________

"When the crypt doors creak and the tombstones quake. Spooks come out for a singing wake." 

Yana Shimizu listened to the song as she walked along the sidewalk past many shops decorated for Halloween. This was one of her favorite holidays out of the whole year because she loved spooks and treats. 

Yana: hey Yukippie 

Yuki: oh hey Yana what's up??

Yana: just wondering if you wanted to go check out the Halloween fair later 

Yuki: sorry Yana but I'm going costume shopping with Thalia and Ayama today 

Yana: costumes? 

Yuki: yeah for the Halloween party 

Yana: oh alright then 

Yuki: sorry kiddo 

Yana: it's fine 

Yana sighed and tucked her phone into her pocket. She is a third year now. I guess she wouldn't really be down for kid stuff. "Hi hi Yana banana!" Yana turned to face Kiko who wore her big bright smile as usual. "Oh hey Kiko." Yana smiled. The two walked along the sidewalk admiring the Halloween decorations. 

"So the anual crows movie marathon is coming up soon right?" Yana nodded. "You excited?" Kiko asked. The blonde sighed and shook her head. "Not particularly no." Kiko tilted her head confused. "But you love Halloween and the marathon is your favorite Halloween tradition. What changed?" She asked. Yana looked at the brunette before responding. "Yuki isn't coming this year. She's going to a Halloween party with the other third years." She told her. 

Kiko nodded in understanding. "Ava isn't coming to the Shiratorizawa Halloween bash this year." She mumbled. "Oh?" Yana asked. "Yeah. She's going to that third year Halloween party too." Kiko told her. "So we'll both miss our favorite humans on Halloween huh." Yana chuckled. "Yeah. Welp nothing we can really do about that." Kiko shrugged. The two continued their walk until they stopped in front of a small cafe. "Wanna get some spooky snacks?" Kiko asked. "Uh duh." Yana smiled. The two walked into the cafe only to come face to face with Aone Hideki. 

"Hideki?" Kiko asked. "Oh hey Kiko. Hey Yana." Hideki waved. The girls walked over to the counter looking up at the menu. "Since when did you start working here?" Yana asked. "I think I started a little over three months ago." Hideki answered. "Hideki less chit chat. More working." An older woman snapped. Geez who pissed in your corn flakes lady? "Sorry Ma'am." Hideki bowed before turning back to the girls. "What can I get you two today?" He asked. The girls ordered some caramel lattes and pumpkin cake pops. While the two waited they started talking about the woman from earlier. 

"She seems like a real piece of work." Kiko muttered. "Yeah her attitude is about as prickly as her tits." Yana giggled. "For real though. Does she shove ice cream cones in her bra everyday?" Kiko giggled. "Maybe she never got a glow up after high school. Who knows." Yana giggled. "Ahem." The two stopped talking and turned to see the woman glaring at them. "Do you talk to you mothers with those mouths?" Kiko giggled at the irony. "Yeah and their mouths are just as bad as ours." Yana told her. "Ugh your father should watch his tongue then." Yana smiled at Kiko. Oh the irony. 

"We're sorry ma'am. We meant no harm." Kiko bowed to hide her smile. "Hmph maybe you mother and father should teach you proper manners." The woman turned on her heel and left. The girls burst out laughing and began mimicking the woman until Hideki brought them their food. "Thanks Deki-San." Kiko smiled. The girls both handed him ten bucks for tips and left with their food. 

"So we're still working on our project together right?" Yana nodded. "Wanna meet at your place?" Kiko nodded smiling. 

Anything I can use to distract myself from these damn thoughts