Broken Friendship

Here's the chapter that you've been dying to read. This part will get sad and emotional for everyone at the beginning, and I hope you don't cry while reading.

Diane was driving a motor boat with Owlcolm and the Bad Guys in the boat as they drove away from the S.U.C.M prison center.

"Hey, wh-why did you two save us anyway?" Wolf asked.

"After the gala, I knew something wasn't right, even after Owlcolm told me. So we did some investigating, and that meteor..." Diane said until Wolf interrupted her.

"I know. Some kind of cosmic mega-super-antennae thing." Wolf said.

"Right. If conducted through an array of ionized crystals, it will generate a massive psychokinetic field the size of a city." Diane explained.

"Oh, my gosh. Did I interrupt you? Were you gonna say that?" Diane asked.

"Uh, I-I-I was gonna be a little more technical, but you got the gist of it." Wolf said as the boat made it to shore with Diane's car parked on the beach.

Owlcolm put his sunglasses over his head as he, Diane, and the Bad Guys got off the boat.

"Marmalade needs to be stopped, but we can't do it alone. You know his compound better than anyone." Owlcolm explained.

"You can count on us." Owl said.

"Right, guys?" Wolf asked.

Until Snake turned around with an angry expression.

"There is no 'us'. We're through, Wolf. Done. Finito." Snake said angrily.

"Because of that little tiff back there? Come on, man, that's what we do. You serve, I volley. That's our little dance." Wolf explained.

"Not this time." Snake said as he slithered away.

Owl started to feel sad as she saw Snake leave.

"Piranha?" Owl asked her best friend and singing partner.

But Piranha looked at her with an angry expression as he nodded 'no' and walked away.

"Tarantula?" Owl asked her gal pal who had permission to call her by her real name.

"Sorry, Owl." Tarantula said in regret as she walked away.

"Shark." Wolf said with a chuckle.

Shark just had a sad expression as he walked away.

"Hey. Guys?" Wolf asked.

"Guys?" Wolf and Owl asked sadly until Snake stopped.

"You want to know why I hate birthdays, Wolf and Owl? Do you?" Snake asked as he looked at Wolf and Owl.

"When you grow up a snake, nobody shows up to your party. Birthdays are a constant reminder that out there, I'm just a scary, good-for-nothing monster." Snake confessed as Wolf and Owl looked at him with sad expressions along with the rest of the Bad Guys.

"Yeah. But nothing compares to having the two people...the two people I thought I could trust stab me in the back." Snake explained as Owl decided to finally tell her friends the truth.

"You think you're the only one who feels that way?" Owl asked sadly as the Bad Guys including Wolf looked at her with shocked expressions.

"What are you talking about, Owl?" Tarantula asked.

"You want to know how it was easy for me to go good?" Owl asked as she looked at her friends.

"My parents died when I was just a chick. I was living on the streets all alone with no one wanting to be with me. All I wanted was to have friends, but they only saw me as a scary, no-good, dangerous MONSTER, who causes nothing but bad luck!" Owl confessed with tears in her eyes as Wolf looked at her sadly.