three

*•*
DETENTIONS AND ASTRONOMY

*•*DETENTIONS AND ASTRONOMY

*•*

"Hey loser." Daphne greeted as she walks into the dorm room. "You missed class."

"Yeah, didn't feel like going." Amelia shrugged her shoulder.

The thirteen year old was sat on her bed, reading one of her mother's favourite books that she managed to take after her death.

Reading had always been a way for Amelia Black to escape reality and to get away from all of her family issues.

In addition, it helped her feel closer to her mother knowing the woman liked reading.

Even if Amelia didn't look like her mother (she looked more like Regulus) she was glad to know she had received some of her personality.

"What did he say?" Daphne asked, cautiously as to not hurt her friend's feelings. "Sirius."

Amelia quickly finished reading the page she was on and closed her book before telling her everything.

By the end of the story Daphnes mouth was wide open as well as her eyes. "He knows?"

"Well he did grow up with my mother and had Walburga as a mother."

"I guess. Are you going to spend time with them?" She asks.

"And risk being caught with by any of them by the pureblood families?"

"So you want to?"

Amelia thought about her question for a moment: did she want to spend time with her apparent family?

"I think so. I don't know my uncles at all and obviously I don't exactly believe in blood supremacy like my grandmother but I don't want to be disowned either. That just causes unnecessary problems."

Daphne nodded. "I understand but if it ever gets bad go to them, please."

"I will." Amelia confidently said. "I promise. I won't put myself through that much pain again. Not like first year."

"I'm glad. Now come on you have to get homework done and then get food before you have to go to detention."

Amelia groaned before complying and standing up.

"I'm going to speak to Rowan." Daphne said. "Blake's sat in our common room, she said she didn't want to see your ugly face yet."

"She loves me really."

Rowan Chang was the younger sibling of Cho Chang. He was sorted into Ravenclaw at the start of first year.

For some strange reason he and Daphne were really close. If it was up to Amelia she would say that they were dating but every time it's get brought up Daphne would scream and run away.