thirteen

*•*
TRAIN RIDES

*•*TRAIN RIDES

*•*

One more day of freedom, that's all Amelia had before having to spend two and a half weeks at her least favourite uncles house.

Her mother hated her brothers, never once did Amelia hear nice things. She was threatened multiple times to never even look in their direction - so why the sudden change of heart in her will?

None of it made sense to her and so she tried to distract herself from everything. This was hard to do but she did try her best.

Quite a lot of her time was spent with Adrian practicing quidditch or she was with Adrian in the library or common room.

The pair spent a lot of time together and realised how much in common they actually had. Although some students started gossiping about the duo, they didn't care. Not one bit.

Something she should've done but she never did was talk to Sirius, she had no clue what was happening and she had yet to ask whether to not she could spend the holidays with Blake's family.

Or at least visit her on some of the days.

After Amelia's latest conversation with Blake, she had rushed back to the Slytherin Common room having no idea how to process the information.

She also didn't know how to react about the situation, and whether or not she should've been mad at her friends for hiding that information from her.

Thankfully Sirius sent her a letter, though it caused Amelia to wonder why didn't he just speak to her in person? After all, he did teach her Astronomy and always saw her around school.

Amelia,

I'm sure you've already been told that you'll be spending the holidays with me and my family. We're happy to have you by the way!

On the last day get the Hogwarts express with the others, me and Remus will be meeting you and Olivia. Have you met Olivia yet? She is in your classes and year. Hopefully you have might make it less awkward.

See you soon,

Sirius Black

Amelia didn't really know what to think about that letter, was she meant to feel happy, sad, angered? She didn't exactly know.

*•*

A few hours before the Hogwarts Express was set to leave Draco found Amelia in the library, reading a book.

He had been looking all over for her and was relatively surprised to see her there, it was unusual for her to be in the library unless she was with Theo or Blake doing pranks.

"Amelia." He started, Amelia looked up at him but remained silent, "I know about your grandmothers issue with the ministry, your still welcome to stay at Malfoy Manor for Christmas and whenever you want."