eleven

*•*
BIRTHDAYS

*•*BIRTHDAYS

*•*

Sat in her dorm room, Amelia Black felt tight being annoyed at her friends - especially considering it was Blake's birthday.

Amelia looked around her dorm room, seeing that all her dorm mates were asleep. It was way t early in the morning for Amelia to be awake but she felt guilty.

Not wanting to ruin her best friend's birthday, Amelia grabbed her present that was neatly wrapped in blue and silver wrapping paper - representing Blake's house.

As silently as she could, Amelia left the Slytherin common room. She knew exactly where Blake would be, she went there almost every morning before breakfast.

The Astronomy tower.

"For somebody who loves astronomy," Amelia began cautiously walking towards her, "you sure do love mornings."

Blake was stood, leaning over the Astronomy fence looking up at the sky. Hearing Amelia's voice, the ravenclaw girl turned around.

The look on Blake's face immediately changed when she saw that Amelia was approaching her.

There was a flicker of anger but it was clear that she was more confused than anything.

"I just come up here to get some peace and quiet." She kept her voice as calm as possible.

Amelia walked so that she was stood next to her. "I'm sorry."

Blake took a breath, looking up to the sky again.

"No." she shook her head. "I'm sorry. We have been hiding something and I want to tell you what—"

Amelia stopped her friend from saying anything else.

"And you can tell me after your birthday." She said, shoving her present in front of her. "Happy birthday, Blake Rhodes."

Blake took a breath, a smile spreading across her face.

For a moment she struggled not to cry, she hadn't seen her best friend in what felt like ages despite it only being a mere week.

"Thank you." Blake said, hugging her friend.

Amelia hated arguing with Blake, even more so than anybody else, she was so relieved that she hadn't been annoyed with her.

"Open it." Amelia gestured to the present.

Blake took the present, smiling and unwrapping it quickly before peeling back the paper.

"What is...?" she began before stopping and tearing the paper off completely.

She looked back to her friend, a tear rolling down her cheek.

Amelia smirked, she had bought her friend a variety of things: a necklace which she knew Blake had been wanting for a long time, the jumper which she always nicked from Amelia and a few photographs of the duo.