twenty-four

*•*
NARCISSA'S LETTER

*•*NARCISSA'S LETTER

*•*

So far her summer had been excruciatingly painful. Not in the sense of physical pain but Amelia was definitely experiencing emotion pain.

Perhaps it was down to the fact she hadn't seen
her friends in just over a month or overall the lack of human contact she had.

For the most part, the Potters had avoided the girl and when they did happen to be in the same room it was awkward, each of them walked around her like she would explode if they made a sound.

Amelia quickly got sick of this treatment and kept to herself locked away in her room, only coming out a few times a day for food.

Amelia never ate with the family instead she sneaked into the kitchen when they were elsewhere.

Luckily Lily left her a plate of food on the counter for her.

Other than the odd food-break, she was in her dedicated room. It wasn't much but she didn't mind, it was only for the summer.

The room had: a double bed covered in a grey fluffy throw; a white matte wardrobe that had two doors and a desk that perfectly matched the room aesthetic.

Amelia hoped that after this summer they'd leave her alone and allow her to spend the remainder of her holidays elsewhere.

She definitely did not want to go through this again.

Not being able to see her friends face-to-face was the worst and when she was unable to send letters as much as she'd like made it horrible.

She wanted nothing more than to annoy each of them, only after she gave them a massive bear hug of course.

For most people summer was a time to spend with mates and those they were close with; going swimming at the beach or staying out late at night doing god knows what.

Having fun. It disappointed her that she wasn't able to know that feeling.

She felt unwelcome by everyone. Her own father had been avoiding her and it's not like either of her uncles had payed her a visit.

Her only family she had left didn't care. Amelia was alone and homesick.

She'd never admit it out loud, but she missed Grimrauld place, even if it held horrible memories it also had her most memorable times.

It was a house she had called home her whole life, how was she able to forget that?

Her mother. Every time the thought crossed her mind Amelia felt sick to her stomach. She knew her childhood was awful, it wasn't right how she was brought up and yet she yearned for her mum back.

The only people she didn't miss were her grandparents. She blamed them for everything, had they accepted her mothers and father's relationship perhaps things would've been different, another outcome.