eighteen

*•*
PERMISSION SLIPS

*•*PERMISSION SLIPS

*•*

Over the course of a few days the news began to spread across Hogwarts- Amelia Black was the daughter of James Potter.

She hadn't spoken to the Gryffindors since returning to Hogwarts and she wasn't planning on it and it seemed they didn't either.

Amelia kept herself away from the attention, well as best as she could. She spent majority of her time with her cousin, Draco, the two spent the afternoons playing quidditch as they prepared for their first game of the year.

If she wasn't with Draco she was either with spending her time in the library or attempting to avoid her newly found family.

Of course she knew that once lessons began to start up again she'd have to see them but she wanted to delay that as long as she could.

When she found out they had Dark Arts first period on the first day back of school she wanted to crack her head open. Throughout the walk there she complained to Draco.

"It's not fair!" She would say to which Draco would reply.

"It's one lesson, you'll be fine."

"I'm sat next to Granger though."

"Just ask to move. I'm sure he can't resist that face of yours." He teased whilst grabbing her face and smushing it together.

Draco laughed as Amelia frowned even more, pushing him through the door of the classroom. Everyone's eyes turned to face the duo, watching the scene in front of them.

Remus coughed slightly to gain their attention.

"Miss. Black, Mr. Malfoy. I hope you two aren't always planning to be late to my lessons."

"It was one time!" Amelia protested.

Was everyone just out to get her today?

Not wanting to see his cousin get a detention, Draco quickly intervened. "Sorry professor. Had to force her here."

This comment caused him to gain a slap over the head, making him laugh again. Other student in the room joined in causing Remus to sigh and he looked as though he was questioning his sanity.

"Very well. Please go to your allocated seats."

They were situated on different sides of the classroom, something Amelia guessed was planned.

Nobody was sat with their friends unless they were practicing spells. It seemed Remus did not want to see Gryffindors and Slytherins murdering one another.

As she sat down beside Granger she noticed how she slightly moved her stuff to the other side of the desk.

It was strange, considering during the Christmas holidays they agreed to spend some time in the library together.