nineteen

*•*
FAMILY DINNERS GONE WRONG

*•*FAMILY DINNERS GONE WRONG

*•*

Just like James promised she did receive a letter, exactly three days after their conversation.

Dear Amelia,

To my understanding James has already informed you that we were going to speak to Dumbledore about getting you and the others home for a night.

Thankfully, Dumbledore agreed and we are able to do this. Both me and James are ecstatic to welcome you into our home and we hope you are too.

Of course we understand how difficult this whole situation must be for you and so if you have any worries or concern please do not hesitate to write to either of us or you may talk to us in person if you wish to.

Tomorrow night one of your professors will bring you to Dumbledores office so be prepared!

Cant wait to see you - please don't forget you don't have to come and write back if you don't.

I know how James can come across some times but just know he is excited about all of this.

Sincerely,
Lily Evans x

Reading the letter Amelia was unsure how to feel. Sure, she realised she would have to meet Lily eventually and have a dinner with them all but she never realised it would have to be so soon.

On Thursday at lunchtime, Amelia was sat with her friends in their usual spot. They were all laughing and joking about like they'd normally do, all this stopped momentarily when Harry walked up to the table with his two friends and sister.

Most the chatter in the Great Hall stopped, it was unusual for the Gryffindors and Slytherins to interact with one another.

"Potter, what can we do for you?" Amelia gestured between her and her friends.

Harry scoffed, "Can you even call me that as an insult anymore, you basically are a Potter and we're family."

Amelia smirked at his annoyance, "I'm not a Potter, I never will be. And we aren't family, we simply share the same sperm donor."

Charlotte laughed from beside Harry, making Amelia to raise her eyebrows. Though, Amelia secretly liked Charlotte.

Realising Draco was about to most likely make a snarky comment Amelia quickly sent him away.

"I'm staying." Blake insisted, when everyone else had left.

"We're just here to tell you that we'll be waiting for you outside the Great Hall beginning of dinner tonight. Don't be late." Charlotte told her, smiling politely. "Hey, Blake."

Blake gave a salute. "Hello, little Potter."

Charlotte then walked off with Hermione and Ron but Harry stayed behind.