Family Day Out - Eddie Munson

Another Tumblr request. Thinking of changing this book to Eddie Munson Imagines.

The sound of a thump coming from her daughter's bedroom causes Y/N to stop washing the breakfast dishes. When she hears her husband, Eddie letting out a groan and Sophie's boisterous laughter fills the two-bedroom trailer, her curiosity grows. She walks to Sophie's bedroom and leans against the door frame after drying her hands with the dish towel.

"What's happening in here?" She asks, gaining the attention of her husband and daughter. Eddie and Sophie exchange glances before looking at her.

She surveys the bedroom. The floor was littered with wooden blocks and Eddie's Dungeon & Dragon's figurines. The container in which the blocks were stored in was tipped over. The plastic sword that Uncle Dustin gave her for her third birthday is in her right hand.

"I slayed the dragon and saved Daddy!" Sophie exclaims with delight.

"You did?" She moves into the bedroom and kneels beside Sophie. She draws her into a hug and smothers her with kisses all over her face. " Mommy is so proud of you and thanks you greatly."

Sophie continues to giggle as she tries to push away. "Mommy, stop!"

Y/N kisses her cheek once more and leans to share a quick kiss with Eddie. "Are we almost ready to depart for our fun day out? Is that what you're wearing to day?"

Sophie was wearing her purple princess dress and a denim vest that looked "just like daddy's one," complete with patches all over it. She was wearing her little black biker boots and Eddie's old black and white skull bandana was wrapped around her head to keep her mess of dark curls—which she also inherited from Eddie along with his deep drown eyes—out of her face. The plastic sword that Uncle Dustin gave her for her third birthday is in her right hand.

"Yes!" Sophie applauds. "Can I bring sword?"

"The sword is staying at home today, sweetie," Eddie replies.

She sets her sword down and gestures to Eddie's sock-covered feet, "Daddy shoes."

"I'm going to put them on right now," Eddie says, standing up. He extends a hand to Y/N and helps her to her feet.

"And you can help me pack your bag," Y/N tells Sophie, offering her hand to the three-year-old, who takes it immediately. Eddie is followed by the two his two favorite ladies as they leave Sophie's bedroom and walks into the living room. Sophie grabs her muppets' backpack and passes it to her mother, who takes it into the kitchen and begins packing it with snacks and a change of clothes for the small girl. She made sure to pack some toys for Sophie to keep her occupied in the van. The Munson family was on their way to the park as soon as they were ready.

When they arrived at the park, Eddie helps Sophie in get out of her car seat and lifts her up, carrying her on his shoulders. "Gentle," he softly reminds her as she clutches fistfuls of his hair to hold on to him. Eddie holds her legs to keep her steady as she releases his hair and throws her tiny arms around his head. As she walks behind the father-daughter duo, Y/N grins.

She believed that Eddie deserved all the wonderful things that came his way because of everything they had gone through since learning about the existence of the upside down, which had happened in the most dreadful way. He had been implicated in all three of the horrific killings that had occurred in 1986 and had witnessed two of them. Most of Hawkins had turned their backs on him, not that they had given him the time of day before Jason Carver rallied an angry mob of hicks to go after him. Y/N, his Uncle Wayne, and Dustin were the only three people who didn't need to be convinced from the start that he didn't do it. The others had their doubts until they found him and he had explained what had happened to Chrissy.

Before the Hawkins Upside Down group made the decision to take Vecna on themselves, the few days he had spent in hiding felt like some of the worst. Y/N had been paired with Dustin and Eddie, and everything went smoothly until Eddie decided to play the hero. When Y/N and Dustin found Eddie lying in the middle of the road, surrounded by dead demobats and bleeding profusely, it quickly turned into the worst day of her life. However, by some miracle, they had been able to pull the wounded three time senior from the upside-down and find a person who would help him. With more than one eyewitness and no concrete proof that Eddie was responsible for the murders, his name was cleared and he was able to finally graduate. However, it wasn't enough to keep him in Hawkins.

Eddie announced to her that he intended to leave Hawkins and never come back three months after he had physically recovered. Even after his name was cleared, Eddie was still not accepted in the town. He couldn't go anywhere without people sneering and constantly harrassing him. Every week, his uncle's trailer, where they stayed with him, was vandalized. The young couple told Wayne of their decision, packed up the little amount of belongings that they owned, and left Hawkins, but not before promising the others that they would call as soon as they could.

For four months, they lived out of his van and the occasional hotel room until they had enough money from their new jobs to find a place to live. It didn't take them long to find the trailer in which they currently resided. A month after leaving Hawkins, Y/N found out she was pregnant with Sophie . They were engaged five months later and eloped at the courthouse, with Wayne, who was visiting them at the time, as a witness.

And now, here they are four years later, happily married, with a beautiful daughter who is Eddie's twin, making do with what they have in order to provide for their daughter and any future children they may have. Despite not having much, she considered what they have to be everything they need.

'Mommy, look!' Her daughter's delighted squeal cuts through her reverie. She glances to see where she's pointing from her father's shoulders and sees a mother duck swimming in the water with her ducklings. Her favorite animals, second only to dragons, are ducks.

"Mama duck has babies," she exclaims as she steps beside her husband, lifting Sophie off his shoulders.

They approach the pond and take a seat a few feet away from the water's edge. While watching the ducks and ducklings, Sophie curls up on Eddie's lap, pointing out when they would bob underwater and then come back up, and getting excited when some of them came back onto land.

"So, I've been thinking," Eddie begins, breaking the silence. They had been at the park for about thirty to forty minutes when Sophie cuddled up against Eddie's chest and dozed off as he ran his fingers through her hair.

"About?" she wonders, her gaze shifting from the water to her husband.

"I'd like another one," he confesses.

"Another what?" she asks, perplexed.

"Another baby," he says. "I'd like to start trying for another one. I think it'll be nice to have another one and to give Soph a baby brother or sister."

She appears to be thinking about something as she nods her head and chews on her lower lip. She agree that, that did sound nice. "What if I told you we don't have to try for another one?"

It was now his time to appear puzzled. "I don't understand."

She can't help the grin that appears on her lips. "I was going to tell you tonight, but since you brought it up, this morning's phone call from the doctor was to confirm that I'm pregnant again."

His expression quickly shifts from confusion to surprise and then to pure excitement and joy. "We're having another baby?"

She confirms what she just said with a nod of her head.

"I love you so fucking much," he says softly as he pulls her into a kiss, careful not to wake their sleeping daughter. "Holy shit, we're going to need a bigger home."

Y/N chuckles. "We have approximately seven months to find one."

"I love you," he says again, kissing her. "And I love you," he continues, kissing Sophie's head. Y/N grins as she watches him put his hand on her stomach. "And I love you."

"We all love you, too," Y/N says as she kisses him this time.