My Hero - Eddie Munson

Y/N is beyond enraged as she storms down the corridors of Hawkins High in search of the target of her rage. She has tunnel vision as soon as she finds him by his locker surround by his basketball teammates. Everyone else fade aways as he marches up to him. Jerking him around to face her as she pulls back her fist and rams it into the boy's face, her hand meeting his nose with a sickening crunch.

"What the hell, Y/N?" Jason shouts while holding his bloody and broken nose. The students around him are shocked. Y/N isn't the type to lash out and Jason being the 'perfect role model and King of Hawkins High, anything he did was usually overshadowed by how much everyone adores him. Y/N has always believed that Jason Carver has the potential to become a cult leader.

"Remember that the next time you want to start a vulgar rumor about me, Jason," she snaps at him.

Jason growls at her and grits his teeth in pain, "You deserved that."

"Excuse me?" She gives him a surprised look. "Just because I'm not going to sleep with your buddy over there," she says, glaring at one of Jason's teammates. "Or conform to your pretentious, arrogant, and egotistical ways. I t does not give you the right to tell the school that I have fucked the all of the seniors on the basketball team."

One of Jason's friends pipes in, as if to defend him, "Maybe you shouldn't be such a prude."

The senior's remark baffles her, and she looks at him as if he were the most stupid boy she has ever met. Before she has a chance to respond, Patrick decides to speak up.

"She isn't a total prude. She does let the freak between her legs."

She goes to lunge at him, but an arm grabs her waist and pulls her back, preventing her from lashing out at the teenager.

"Not here, sweetheart," Eddie's calming voice murmurs in her ear, helping her to calm down enough to refrain from hurting Patrick.

"Control your girlfriend, Freak," Jason spits out as Eddie grabs her hand and leads her away from the basketball jocks, before the principal arrives. Eddie flips him off as they walk back down the corridor.

"What was all that about?" they approach the edge of the woods that surrounds the school's sports field.

"Haven't you heard?" She asks, still feeling mad. "I've been fucking the seniors on the basketball team behind your back."

"It all makes sense now," he says more to himself now thinking about all the looks he's been getting and the snickering and teasing he was hearing. It wasn't like the stares of irritation, fear, and disgust he usually receives. "That explains the strange looks I've been getting today. Why didn't you come to me? I would have taken care of it."

"And give the idiot principal an excuse to expel you just as you're about to finally graduate?" She asks him rhetorically. "No way, baby. You know the asshole and everyone else is itching to see you fail again and I'm not going to let you compromise your graduation because of me."

As they near the small clearing in the woods, he catches up to her and turns her to face him, saying, "I would get expelled a thousand times over for defending my woman. "I love you that much and more."

Eddie and Y/N have been dating for almost a year. When they first officially met, she was starting her senior year and he was starting his third senior year. Given that Y/N is one of the top students in the school, their teachers arranged for her to tutor him since she hadn't signed up for any extracurricular activities this school year. The teachers thought Y/N was the ideal choice to help Eddie in passing his classes so he can graduate this year because of her educational excellence, which rivaled Nancy Wheeler's.

Despite being an academic nerd, Y/N didn't dress like one, favoring band t-shirts, jeans, and her beloved leather jacket instead. She enjoys horror films a lot and frequently wore headphones with loud metal music blasting through the speakers. He was initially drawn to her because of her appreciation for metal music. When she first sat down across from him in the school library for their first tutoring session, she was listening to Run to the Hills by Iron Maiden and was sporting a Metallica shirt. He brought it up to start a casual conversation with her in hopes to get to know her a little more. She hadn't gotten any tutoring done that day.

She responds as she slides into his arms, "I love you too.

"As much as I enjoy the image of you knocking Jason on his ass, come and find me next time," he says, his hands traveling to her ass to pull her into him before taking her hand that she used to punch Jason into his hand making sure it wasn't injured. "Does it hurt?"

"Just a little. Jason has got a hard skull," She claims trying to lighten the mood with a joke. "Do you want to kiss it better?"

Eddie smiles, raising her hand to his lips, and gives her knuckles a gentle kiss. "Better?"

She smiles and pulls him into a kiss, "Thank you, my hero."

"Wanna get out of here?" he asks smiling against her lips as he kisses back.

This time she gropes his ass, "Take me home, big boy."