【15】

Once morning time comes, Lily gets pulled out of her dream and stirs awake, eyes still closed as she moves against another warm body. She turns her neck towards the man behind her and opens her eyes to see her boyfriend staring right back at her.

" Were you watching me sleep?" She questions, eyes barely being able to stay open.

" Maybe," Eddie admits, " It's the only time you don't talk."

" Charming," Lily groans as she moves her body to sit up.

She stretches her limbs outwards, cracking her back as she stands up and then turns around on her heel to look down at Eddie, who's still laying comfortably on the couch.

" You wanna help me pick out my outfit?"

And with her one simple sentence, Eddie's eyes light up like a child in a candy store as he instantly springs to his feet and presses a kiss to her cheek.

" Get in the van."

Lily rolls her eyes at his excitement, but follows him out of the trailer and into the cold winter midday air. Eddie gets to the van first and opens the passengers door for her, bowing as he presents the open door.

" M'lady," He comments, watching her smile as she hops in.

The ride from the trailer park to the Blackwood homestead is quite shorter than usual, less cars on the road due to the holiday and the icy tar. Eddie puts his brown van into park, rushing out and bolting to the other side to open Lily's door before she can so much as unbuckle her seat belt. She hops out and Eddie closes the door, turning to approach the front door, but her eyes widen as he nearly steps over the salt ring. Lily rushes to Eddie's side and grabs his hand just as he steps over the barrier, and this time, the headache doesn't appear. It doesn't seer into his skull, and it causes him no pain. Lily gives him a nervous smile as they walk up the steps of the home. She opens the door for him, and here marks one of the very few occasions in which a mortal has been welcomed to the Blackwood homstead.

Into their nostrils comes the stench of ginger and garlic bubbling from the cauldron in the kitchen where the mothers Blackwood lay perched. Eddie's face sours from the smell as Lily quickly drags him up the stairs and into her bedroom where she instantly shuts the door and shoves him onto her bed, which only causes a smirk to rise to his lips.

" Lily Blackwood, was all this just a ruse to seduce me?" Eddie teases with a tilt of his head.

" Nah, this was actually a ruse to sacrifice you," Lily taunts, her nose scrunched and lips pursed to one side.

Eddie then dramatically flops onto her bed, arms and legs spread wide as he willingly submits.

" I'm ready," He announces, " Sacrifice away."

Lily chuckles from his foolishness, biting her lip as she turns to dig through her closet. In the meantime, Eddie's head turns to gaze around the bedroom of the girl he's known for ages.

All this time, and yet he's never been in her room. In fact, he's never even been inside her house. Hardly anyone has.

He sees all the crystals and plants that line her windowsill, and the paintings that lay on her black painted wall. The smell of sage and lavender replaces the stench and puts him at bay, filling his chest with a soft hum.

" What do you think?" Lily asks, pulling him out of his daydream to bring his attention back to her.