【19】

Ring...

Ring...

Ring...

" Hello?"

" Hey, baby."

" Hey, Lils. What's going on?"

" Can you give me a ride to school for a little while?"

" Yeah, I mean, of course. Why? Did something happen to your car?"

" Um, yeah... It's, um... it's in the shop."

" Did they tell you how long it would take to get it fixed?"

" I don't know..."

" Is everything okay? You sound... kinda upset."

" Yeah... I'm fine. I'll see you tomorrow."

And right on schedule, Eddie goes to pick up his girlfriend the very next day. She steps into the van without so much as a whisper and buckles her seatbelt as he drives them both to school.

She's silent for the entire ride. No words leave her mouth. Eddie glances over from time to time in an attempt to read her face, but he can't figure out what could be bothering her.

" Open the glove box," He utters, keeping his hands on the wheel and his eyes on the road.

Lily turns her head, eyes fixating on his temple as she chews her bottom lip with her teeth. But she listens. She leans forward, opens the glove box in the dirty brown van, and finds a crystal chunk roughly the size of her palm lying in the middle, on top of a pile of fast food napkins.

"Labradorite?" She asks as she picks up the crystal.

" For protection," Eddie states, " Shields like amour."

Lily can't help but smile at his reciting of her own words as she tightly clutches the crystal in the palm of her hand.

" You remembered?" She ponders.

And with that, Eddie turns his head to finally meet her gaze.

" I remember everything you tell me, princess."

The couple then pulls up to the school and goes about their day as if it were any other. The students are brimming with excitement as Spring Break comes closer and closer to reality. Even some of the teachers have traded a scowl for a smile.

The Hellfire Club all sit together at lunch, eating their food as the noisy cafeteria goes on around them.

Mike won't stop talking about his trip to California.

Lucas' leg won't stop bouncing because of the nearing basketball game.

And Dustin seems to be only focused on their campaign.

But one thing is true for all three boys.

They miss their friend.

They miss Will.

But then, the day finally comes.

The last day of school before Spring Break.

It has everybody on edge. Brimming with excitement at the thought of no school.

On that Friday, Eddie finds a parking spot for his van, and Lily jumps out as soon as she eyes a deep red car. She jumps out before Eddie puts the van into park. Lily rushes over to the deep red car and quickly embraces her friends getting out of it, nearly knocking the breath from their lungs in the process.

 Lily rushes over to the deep red car and quickly embraces her friends getting out of it, nearly knocking the breath from their lungs in the process