【17】

Lily and Eddie lay in bed together, lips smacking and hips grinding. Lily sits on his lap as she lazily rides him with a plume of smoke lingering in the air as the voice of Stevie Nicks rings through their ears. For a while, it's all music and moans, until a scream is heard from across the street.

From Max's house.

Lily instantly jumps off Eddie's lap, leaving him edged and naked with a burning buzz still in his head. Lily throws on any clothes she can find, slips on a pair of shoes, then bolts out of the trailer and across the street to the Mayfield's homestead.

She enters the trailer and heads straight for the room where the redhead lay. Lily sees Max thrashing in her sleep, screaming in pain as a nightmare plagues her mind. The lights within the room all flicker, as if the electricity is being manipulated with. Lily steps forward, placing her hand over Max's, but gasps once she gets a glimpse of who may be pulling the strings.

She sees a red hellscape with lightning and corpses all around and hears a deep groan being pulled from hell itself.

Lily's eyes shut tightly as she feels the full force of the nightmare. She feels Max's pain and how much she misses her brother.

" I call upon thee

Rid me of these nightmares

Rid me of them I decree

Cleanse me of this worry

Lull me into a peaceful sleep

Good dreams should ever follow me with great hurry

So be it and so let it be."

But with the chant comes no results, and so Lily must repeat herself.

" I call upon thee

Rid me of these nightmares

Rid me of them I decree

Cleanse me of this worry

Lull me into a peaceful sleep

Good dreams should ever follow me with great hurry

So be it and so let it be."

Fortunately, Max's screams begin to die down as she's lulled to sleep by witchcraft. Lily lets out a heavy sigh as she lets go of Max's hand. She picks herself off the bed to head outside but finds her boyfriend standing in the doorway.

" The hell was that?" Eddie asks with crossed arms.

" Uh...a lullaby," Lily says.

" Sounded more like a spell."

Lily laughs off his comment and moves closer to the door, but he blocks her way. She looks up into his eyes and senses him question what exactly went on in this room.

" You don't think that it's real... do you?" She questions, " I mean the magic, witchcraft, spells, and broomsticks it's... it's just as real as people who pray to God."

" Then how did you get her to stop screaming?" Eddie asks, " Because God is nowhere to be found."

The truth could so easily come out. Lily could tell him the truth of her heritage and be free of all the lies she's had to tell, but she can't.

Mortals are not supposed to know about witches.

" Like I said," She starts, " It was a lullaby."

And it may be the drug in Eddie's system that make him drop the subject all together, but a part of him knows there's something else. Knows there's something deeper.

The couple makes their way back to the Munson trailer, where the stench of weed as the sound of Stevie Nicks is ever so present, and as Lily flops down on Eddie's bed, a smile creeps onto his lips as he leans against a wall, watching her intently.