Chapter 12: An Experiment's Song

???: What is your name?...

You looked up at the woman speaking to you before responding.

Y/N: my name is Y/N...what is your's?

She looked down at you with a smile.

???: My name is Sienna Kahn. Leader of the White Fang. Would you care to walk with us for a moment?

You shook your head.

Y/N: I'm waiting on a friend of mine, and she would get mad if I left this spot...

Sienna: I'm sorry, but I wasn't asking~

Y/N:....oh....

You calmly stood up with your container still on your back. Your ears were still flat on your head, but you did your best to show face.

Y/N: what do you want from me?

Sienna: nothing but for you to listen to me for a while...is that to much to ask for?

You shook your head before responding once more.

Y/N: ok...I'll follow.

Sienna smiled warmly at you before leading the way with her two guards. You didn't really want to follow, but...maybe this could help you in some way...

As you walked aling the side walks, you noticed several, if not everyone looking towards your groups general direction...why?-

Sienna: let me ask you something Y/N...do you know what our organization was built for?

You caught up a bit before speaking up.

Y/N: a group of faunus and humans that fight for faunus rights...

Sienna: correct...now then...what are we referred to as?

You remembered what Weiss was saying about the white fang before frowning at your next answer.

Y/N: t-...terrorist...and misfits...

Sienna sighed as she kept leading you around with her guards.

Sienna: yes, that is also correct...do you know why?

Y/N: because "actions speak louder than words"?...

Sienna: ...correct...let me be blunt then. Our organization was once made for more peaceful operations. Simple peaceful protest and propaganda was all we could really do without causing harm...and it was working...it was really working for a while there...but then-

Y/N: they began to launch organized attacks... I know...

Sienna looked back at you with a sorrowful smile before speaking up.

Sienna: we've forgotten what we were originally made for...that doesn't mean it can't change, right?

You clutched your chest in your own self doubt and confidence.

Y/N: yeah...I guess it can...

Sienna: then I guess you truly don't know why I've approached you today then...

Sienna stopped walking in the middle of a park before turning around to face you.

Sienna: you are a symbole...your race defies everything, yet the world bites back...but they didn't...you could be the bridge that helps us make a new path for all faunus kind...I wanted to see if you could do that.

You looked down in a moment of defeat...how could you help in something like that? - how?! How could you prove that you could bring people together. Grimm is easy because you are already apart of it...but a battle between races?...how could you even help without being used?