Chapter 26: Leaving The Nest

Salem: Y/N, have you made any-

Salem: oh my~

You heard Salem's voice before turning around to face your mother.

Y/N: hm?- oh, hey mom!

Watts: you majesty...

Salem smiled wildly at you before walking towards you with a certain observational glare.

Salem: seems a bit metallic for my taste...but it appears to grant you a great deal of protection...

You smiled as you helmet unfolded to show your face.

Y/N: that's not all!-

You looked to Watts with an exited gaze as he responded with a nod.

Looking back to Salem, you funneled your aura and intentions to your two shields.

Your armor was granted with a calm red glow as both shields grew and glowed the same color before extending outward via the mechanical arms they were attached to

Both shields fanned outward before motioning in front of you in a way that covered your entire body.

Y/N: I can finally stop anything that tried to hurt those I protect!

Salem's eyes only grew wider with her smile until she finally broke down with a triumphant shout.

Salem: YES Y/N!!!

You were almost taken aback by the sudden shout before being taken into a gentle hug from your mother.

Y/N: m-mom-?

You almost yelped out of surprise, but when you heard you mom's voice-...

Salem: it's perfect...it's "you"...

You quickly shook out of your shock...and hugged back...

Salem: this armor...this version of you...it's the potential and the heart I saw inside of you when I had first laid eyes on you...

Salem let go of you before looking to Watts with an approved nod and a smile.

Salem: excellent work Watts...I shall make sure you assistance will not go unrewarded...