Chapter 10: Under Steel Skin

Y/N: Neo!- what are you-

The mystery person; now shown to be Neo in disguise, put a finger on your mouth to keep you quiet...but she did place a hand on both you shoulder and cheek.

You tried to feel around to try and hug her closer, but she was already way ahead of you. As you felt her very light body hop on and hug you close, you felt and overwhelming amount of joy.

Finally, a face you could trust! Someone you could speak to without keeping everything hidden...ironic how the most understanding person you knew couldn't even speak...

Though as you sat down tired on the bench; hugging and all. You felt Neo trace her finger on your hand again.

Neo: "O.K.?"

Y/N: y-yeah. I'm okay. How are you here?

Neo: "S.O.S"-

She drew on your hand once more before feeling a finger on your chest.

Y/N: S.O.S?- Me?...oh! You guys are here to save me!?

Thanks to your Grimm side, you could not only feel negative emotions...you could also feel the joy around you. And Neo was quite happy on how quickly you had caught on.

Real tears began to mix with your bloodied ones as Neo wiped them from your face. In all honesty, you needed some one to talk to right now...even if tham person couldn't speak back.

Y/N: I was starting to think I was going to have to be here like this on my own...but so much has happened...and it's all my fault...

Your breathing quickened at your constant self guilt tripping until Neo fully removed your helm. you heard her place it into your container as she held your head close to her chest; gently stroking your ears and hair. She quietly shushed you while calming you down, letting you speak your mind.

Y/N: T-then that guy...with Ozpin, my Grimm side wanted me to-...to kill him on the spot!-...but with that general...I think the Grimm in me wasn't what wanted to hurt him though...

Your breath turned shallow at your sudden realization.

Y/N: I think it was me...

Your blurred eyes remained open while tears fell like a dipping faucet.

Y/N: am I really a bad person?

You could feel a sense of shock come from Neo as you continued.

Neo pov

I kept Y/N in my arms as he vented out what he was feeling...could you really blame him though?

I've seen and heard a great deal of evils and suffering, but...to hate some one so much, but not even know why; "And" was the person that sent you down that hell hole...I couldn't even begin to imagine.

Though to say that Y/N looking like his mind was split both ways...would be a grave understatement. Even he himself noticed that it felt like the Grimm side of him was the thing holding him back from tearing Ironwood a new one...must have been Salem...

Y/N: Am I really a bad person?

I physically jolted at his question...him?- bad?- of all people?- a literal war machine that wanted nothing to do with the harm of others?!- an undeniable child at heart!?

I quickly placed my chin on the top of his head before shaking no. If anything, he is the most pure hearted out of our entire organization!

A literal war machine with a golden heart...a kind one...

To see him like this was almost maddening... because the last time I had seen him like this was when he was still knocked from when we first found him.

Y/N: can...can I tell you a secret?